Key Questions this Study will Answer
- What are the top trends that will drive the VPP market in 2017? What impact will these trends have on the market during the forecast period?
- What are the key industry trends propelling the adoption of VPP solutions globally
- What was the size of the total VPP solutions market in 2016 and how is it expected to grow in 2017 and where will it be by 2022?
- Who are the key stakeholders in the market?
- What are the future prospects and growth opportunities for VPP vendors?
VPP solutions aggregate all the distributed energy resources along the grid. Traditional utility business models are likely to be disrupted due to growing Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) along the grid. A number of different vendors together contribute to the value chain of a VPP system. These include solar Photovoltaic (PV) companies, battery storage providers, wind turbine manufacturers, demand response companies, software solution providers, communication vendors, and building energy management solution providers.
The study period is from 2016 to 2022, with 2016 as the base year. The forecast period is from 2017 to 2022. Frost & Sullivan’s revenue estimation represents only the software component of the virtual power plant solution and does not include power-plant systems such as PV panels, wind turbines, fuel cells, batteries, and other components. Market information for the base year has been obtained from both primary and secondary research data and analyses. Key trends and information on market size, tiers of competition, and other variables are based on discussions with key industry stakeholders in the value chain.