“The global microprocessor and GPU market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% between 2017 and 2022”
The market is expected to be worth USD 83.69 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 2.2% between 2017 and 2022. The growing demand for wearable devices such as smartwatches, migration of data from on-premise environments to cloud-based server environments, and impact of Internet of Things (IoT) are among the major factors driving the growth of this market. However, the growing preference toward portable devices over larger computing devices and the availability of low-cost solutions affecting the revenues of many major companies in the microprocessor and GPU industry are the major restraints for the growth of this market.
“The global microprocessor and GPU market for automotive applications is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The global microprocessor market for automotive applications is expected to grow at the highest rate between 2017 and 2022. Car manufacturers are adopting electronic systems for providing driver information and communication, in-car entertainment electronics, powertrain, body control electronics, and automotive safety. Advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) is one of the most important applications driving the growth of the microprocessor and GPU market at the highest CAGR.
“Consumer electronics industry is expected to hold the largest share during the forecast period”
The consumer electronics industry is expected to hold the largest share of the microprocessor and GPU market during the forecast period owing to the large market size for consumer electronics such as laptops, desktops, mobiles, and tablets as these applications are used by the majority of the global population.
“APAC region is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period”
The APAC region is expected to hold the largest share of the microprocessor and GPU market during the forecast period owing to the emergence of China and Taiwan as the major manufacturing destinations for most of the electronic products in these regions. Also, the availability of manpower at a low cost and government encouragement for the manufacturing sector help drive the growth of the microprocessor and GPU market in this region.
Break-up of the profiles of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 45 %, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 45%, and Directors – 55%
- By Region: Americas – 25%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 40%, and Rest of the World – 15%
The report includes the competitive landscape of the market for prominent players including Intel Corporation (US), Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. (US), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (US), and Samsung (South Korea), Nvidia Corporation (US), NXP Semiconductors (UK), Apple Inc. (US), Broadcom (US), IBM Corporation (US), MediaTek Inc. (Taiwan), Spreadtrum Communications Inc. (China), Texas Instruments Incorporated (US), Renesas Electronics Corporation (Japan), Marvell (UK), Amlogic (CA) Co., Inc. (US), Ambarella (US), and Actions Technology (China).
This research report categorizes the global microprocessor and GPU market on the basis of architecture, application, and geography. The report discusses the major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to the market; value chain analysis; and market ranking analysis.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report would help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the microprocessor and GPU market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for subsegments across different regions.
- The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
- This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product launches, acquisitions, partnerships, expansions, agreements, contracts, alliances, and collaborations.