Factors such as adoption of customized cloud OSS BSS solutions and services, rising usage of convergent billing systems, the shifting focus of Communication Service Providers (CSPs) on enhancing customer experiences, and lower operational expenses are driving the cloud OSS BSS market
The cloud Operation Support System (OSS) Business Support System (BSS) market size is expected to grow from 11.67 billion in 2017 to USD 21.77 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.3% during the forecast period. The market is driven by factors, such as need for business agility, faster deployment and scalability, increasing awareness about cloud OSS BSS among Communication Service Providers (CSPs) globally, and reduced costs of ownership. However, CSPs face some obstacles while adopting cloud OSS BSS, such as security concerns and resistance to adopt cloud technologies.
Inventory and warehouse management solution is expected to have the fastest growth rate during the forecast period
The cloud-based inventory and warehouse management solution manages daily operations in a warehouse and enables centralized management of tasks, such as inventory control, tracking, and location of stock items. The demand for this solution is increasing due to the benefits offered, such as faster inventory movement, efficient use of warehouse space, reduced inventory paperwork, improved cycle counting, and reduced dependency on warehouse personnel.
North America is expected to contribute the largest market share, Asia-Pacific (APAC) to grow the fastest
North America is expected to hold the largest market share and dominate the cloud OSS BSS market from 2017 to 2022. The proliferation of mobile devices, data services, and Over The Top (OTT) services have contributed to the growth of the cloud OSS BSS market in this region. The APAC region is in the initial growth phase; however, it is the fastest-growing region in the global cloud OSS BSS market. The key reasons for the high growth rate in APAC include the diverse subscriber base in many countries, increased spending on Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, and rising cloud-based applications in this region.
The break-up profiles of primary participants is given below as:
- By company: Tier 1 – 43%, Tier 2 – 35%, and Tier 3 – 22%
- By designation: C-level – 60%, Director level – 25%, and Others – 15%
- By region: North America – 44%, Europe – 25%, APAC – 21%, and RoW- 10%
Various key cloud OSS BSS providers profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Accenture (Dublin, Ireland)
2. Amdocs (Chesterfield, Missouri, US)
3. Cisco Systems, Inc. (San Jose, California, US)
4. Comarch S.A., (Krakow, Poland)
5. LM Ericsson Telephone Company (Stockholm, Sweden)
6. Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (Palo Alto, California, US)
7. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Shenzhen, China)
8. International Business Machines Corporation (Armonk, New York, US)
9. Mahindra Comviva (Gurgaon, Haryana, India)
10. Mycom OSI (Berkshire, London, UK)
11. Nokia Corporation (Espoo, Uusimaa, Finland)
12. Oracle Corporation (Redwood City, California, US)
13. Sigma Systems (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
14. Subex Limited (Bangalore, Karnataka, India)
15. TEOCO Corporation (Fairfax, Virginia, US)
The cloud OSS BSS market has been segmented based on types, solutions, services, deployments, end-user types, and regions. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide key insights into their business overviews, products and services, key strategies, new product launches, partnerships, agreements, and collaborations, business expansions, and competitive landscape associated with the cloud OSS BSS market.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the cloud OSS BSS market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different regions.
- This report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes vendor comparison of top market players in the cloud OSS BSS market.