“The bread improvers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2%”
The bread improvers market is projected to reach USD 4.08 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2017 to 2022. The market is driven by factors such as the increasing consumption of bread and its related products, innovation in bakery products, demand for organic bread improvers, and increase in demand for convenience foods.
“Emulsifiers segment led the bread improvers market, by type, in 2015”
Emulsifiers are largely used in the bakery industry to reduce the fat content in bakery products; other functions include dough conditioning, shelf life extension, and crumb softening. Monoglycerides, diglycerides, lecithin, and DATEM (Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Ester of Mono-and Diglycerides) are some of the common emulsifiers used in baking processes. Enzymes was the second largest segment in the bread improvers market. Enzymes are some of the key ingredients used during the manufacturing of bread improvers as they contribute to the functional properties of the dough. They also expedite the production process and are cost-effective. Other advantages of enzymes include flour consistency, improved dough quality & bread volume, and extended shelf life.
“Europe to dominate the bread improvers market through 2022”
The market for bread improvers in the Europe region was the largest, wherein Germany was the largest country-wise market. The European region has a large market for bakery products. Bread is the staple food for many countries in Europe owing to which the bread market is relatively matured compared to developing regions such as Asia-Pacific and Africa. The rising health concerns among consumers is driving the market for organic bread improver products in the region.
The breakdown of the primaries on the basis of company, designation, and region, conducted during the research study, is mentioned as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 47%, Tier 2 – 25%, and Tier 3 – 28%
- By Designation: Director Level – 55%, C Level – 35%, and Others – 10%
- By Region: Asia-Pacific – 45%, Europe – 30%, North America – 15%, and RoW – 10%
Key players are as follows:
The global bread improvers market is dominated by key players such as Corbion N.V. (Netherlands), E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.), Groupe Soufflet (France), and Lallemand Inc. (Canada). Other players in the industry include Oriental Yeast Company Ltd. (Japan), Lesaffre (U.S.), Puratos Group (Belgium), and Associated British Foods Inc. (U.K.).
Bread improvers, on the basis of type, includes organic and inorganic bread improvers. The ingredients of bread improvers studied are emulsifiers, enzymes, oxidizing agents, reducing agents, and others (chlorine and other bleaching agents). On the basis of application, the market is segmented into bread, viennoiseries, cakes, and others (pizza bread, pies, biscuits, and other bakery products). The major forms considered include powder, liquid & semi-liquid, and granular. On the basis of region, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons To Buy this report
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape?emerging and high-growth segments of the global bread improvers market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on bread improvers offered by top players in the global market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming equipment products, technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the bread improvers market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets.
- Market Diversification: In-depth information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global bread improvers market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global bread improvers market.