“Global aquafeed market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.9%.”
The global aquafeed market is projected to reach a value of USD 172.56 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2017 to 2022. The market is driven by factors such as limited availability of marine feed resources and the increasing global demand for quality fish. Moreover, the demand for aquaculture is increasingin export markets, which influences the supply of improved aquafeed for aquatic animal production. However, factors such as rising prices of ingredients used in aquafeed and environmental factors are restraining the growth of the aquafeed market.
“Fish segment is projected to be the fastest-growing segment in the aquafeed market in 2016.”
On the basis of end user, the fish segment dominated the aquafeed market in 2016. Fish farming is increasingly used to fill the gap between the demand and supply. The increase in fish farming activities and aquaculture has led to an increased demand for fish feed.
“Amino acids segment of aquafeed led the market with the largest share in 2016.”
On the basis of additives, amino acids were most widely consumed feed additives of aquafeed that provide the required nutrients to overcome dietary deficiencies in aquatic animals.
“Asia-Pacific led the market with the largest share in 2016.”
Asia-Pacific led the aquafeed market with the largest market share in 2016. The Asia-Pacific market experiences the maximum consumption of aquafeed due to factors such as the rapid development of aquaculture in the country, expanding middle-class population, and the rising consumption of fish & shrimps.
The global aquafeed market is segmented region-wise, with a detailed analysis of each region by studying the key markets. These regions include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 50 %, Tier 2 – 20%, and Tier 3 – 30%
- By Designation: Directors – 28%, C level – 22%, and Manager level – 50%
- By Region: North America – 40%, Europe – 30%, Asia-Pacific – 21%, and South America – 9%
The aquafeed market is dominated by key players such as Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Ridley Corporation Limited (Austria), Nutreco N.V (Netherlands), Cargill (U.S.) and Avanti Feeds Ltd. (India). Other players include Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (U.S.), Nutriad (Belgium), Alltech (U.S.), Biostadt India Limited (India), Aller Aqua A/S (Denmark), Biomar (Denmark), BIOMIN Holding GmbH (Austria), Norel Animal Nutrition (Spain), Dibaq A.S (Spain), and De Heus Animal Nutrition (Netherlands).
- This study estimates the global market of aquafeed, in terms of value, till 2022, segmented on the basis of end user, ingredient, additive, and region.
- It offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of this market with reference to the competitive landscape, and preferred development strategies such as investments & expansions, agreements, new product launches, and partnerships to gain a larger share of the market.
- It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, winning imperatives, and key issues of the market.
- It covers various important aspects of the market. These include analysis of the value chain, competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value, and future trends in the aquafeed market.
Reasons To buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis?industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the aquafeed market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on aquafeed offered by the top players in the global aquafeed market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the aquafeed market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets?the report analyzes the markets for aquafeed across various regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global aquafeed market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global aquafeed market.