Hydropower is one of the most widely used and oldest forms of renewable energy. Hydropower plays a major role in addressing the concerns of climate change as it produces no GHG emissions and reduces dependence upon fossil fuels. Small hydropower is one of the most widely used renewable resources in the world for the generation of clean power.
Hydropower is receiving enormous support from various governments around the world in the form of favorable policies and incentives. Of all of the renewable energy sources, hydropower is one of the most widely used, as it is inexpensive and is well established. At the global level, hydropower generation accounts for 18.6% of total power generation as of 2016.
Global hydropower market size increased from $33.8 Billion in 2006 to $63.6 Billion in 2016 at a CAGR of 6.5%. During the 2017–2025 forecast period the hydropower market size is expected to increase from $70.9 Billion to $86.2 Billion. A major boost in the investment is expected due to increase in the capacity installations, led by countries such as China, Brazil, and India as well as emerging countries in the Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa (MEA), and South and Central America (SCA) regions. During the period from 2017 to 2025, average annual hydropower market size is expected to be $78.6 Billion.
As of 2016, the Asia-Pacific region was the global leader with 64.1% of global hydropower annual installed capacity followed by South and Central America with 12.5%, Europe with 12.4%, and Middle East and Africa (MEA) with 9.4%. North America accounted for 1.6% of the total capacity additions. The highest capacity additions witnessed in Asia-Pacific were attributed to countries such as China, India, and Indonesia. China added more new installed hydropower capacity than the rest of the world, strengthening the country’s role in the global hydropower development.
The report “Hydropower (Large Hydro, Small Hydro and Pumped Storage) - Global Market Size, Segmentation, Investment Trends, Regulations and Key Country Analysis to 2025” offers comprehensive information and understanding of the hydropower market. This report provides a detailed insight into the global hydropower market along with market analysis of key countries - US, Canada, Brazil, Norway, Turkey, Russia, China, India, Japan, Vietnam and Iran. The report covers information related to market size, installed capacity, power generation and market segmentation (small hydro, large hydro and pumped storage) during 2006–2025. The report analyzes key market aspects which determine hydropower sector and provides information on active and upcoming hydropower plants, tenders and contracts, and investment trends.
The report includes -
- Hydropower market study at global level and at key country level, covering countries such as US, Canada, Brazil, Norway, Turkey , Russia, China, India, Japan, Vietnam and Iran
- Historic and forecast data for cumulative and annual installed power capacity for hydropower
- Historic and forecast data for cumulative and annual installed power capacity by segment
- Information on active and upcoming hydropower plants, major tender and contracts and investment trends in the top countries
- Analysis on major market forces driving or restraining the growth of hydropower market at global and regional level
- Market size data at country and global level
- Key policies and regulations supporting the development of hydropower market at country level
Reasons To Buy
The report will allow you to -
- Facilitate decision-making by providing historical and forecast data in hydropower sector
- Identify opportunities and plan strategies
- Identify key factors driving investment opportunities in key countries
- Develop strategies based on developments in the hydropower market
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the industry’s growth potential
- Identify key partners and business-development avenues
- Respond to your market structure, strategies and prospects