The overall demand for intelligent transportation systems (ITS) is increasing significantly owing to factors such as growing demand for vehicles and rising urbanization leading to space congestion within the city limits. This has led to the requirement of more sophisticated infrastructure and advanced systems to manage traffic and space scarcity. The market is estimated to witness a growth at a CAGR of 7.9% over the period of 2016 to 2022. The report is a compilation of market size and future growth potential of the ITS market across different transportation modes such as roadways, railways, airways, and marine.
The report provides a detailed market analysis and forecast with respect to various applications involved in the ITS market for roadways such traffic management, public transportation, road safety & security, tolling, parking management, freight management, tunnel management & safety, environmental monitoring, and road–user charging. On the basis of type, the ITS market for roadways is segmented into: Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), Advanced Transportation Pricing System (ATPS), Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS), Advanced Public Transportation System (APTS), Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO), and Advanced Rural Transportation System (ARTS).
While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report provides a detailed study on the different applications of ITS used for railways, which include railway crossing management, freight services, cost management, passenger services, and infotainment. The global ITS market for airways is segmented by applications such as air traffic management, security & surveillance, shuttle bus tracking, traveler information, smart ticketing, and emergency notification. The report also incorporates ITS market for marine and is breakdown by application- vessel traffic management, freight arrival and transit, real time weather information, and emergency notification. The report examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry.
The report addresses the following key questions about the global ITS market:
- What is the global ITS market size in terms of value from 2015-2022?
- Which mode of transportation is currently leading and is the fastest growing in the global ITS market?
- What is the dominant application and system by value in the ITS market for roadways?
- What is the revenue generated by the different applications in the global ITS market for railways from 2015-2022?
- Which application will lead by value in the ITS market for airways by the end of the forecast period?
- What is the dominant application by value in the ITS market for marine?
- What are the different factors driving the market forward in the forecast period?
- What are the major factors challenging the growth of global ITS market?
- What type of new strategies are being adopted by existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- Which region will lead the global ITS market by the end of the forecast period?
The report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America (U.S, Canada), Europe (Germany, U.K, France, Italy, Others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Others) and Rest of the World (Latin America, Middle East and Africa). Each geographical region analysis details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that particular region.
The company profiles section includes highlights of significant information about the key companies involved along with their financial positions, key strategies & developmental activities of recent years (2014-2016). Some of the key players are Thales S.A (France), Siemens AG (Germany), Cubic Corporation (U.S) Garmin Ltd. (Switzerland), Kapsch TrafficCom (Austria), Q-Free ASA (Norway), Denso Corporation (Japan), EfKon AG (Austria), and TomTom NV (The Netherlands).