The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Our report “Source Market Insights: GCC” provides detailed information on the GCC outbound tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
Regional GCC GDP growth for 2016 was on average 2.2%, with Oman experiencing the highest growth while Saudi Arabia with the largest economy saw GDP growth at just 1.1%. Consequently, GDP growth persists, albeit slow, which is reflected in the number of outbound trips among GCC tourists, reaching 39.3 million in 2016, an increase of 4.3% across the region.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering GCC’s outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the GCC outbound tourism sector
- Regional cooperation relating to tourism among GCC nations is continuing, especially in light of the shift away from oil based industries among the Gulf States.
- In December 2016 at the 37th GCC summit in Bahrain, all countries involved committed to speeding up major infrastructure projects to link the Gulf countries through various rail routes which will carry passengers as well as goods.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to GCC’s Outbound Travel & Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries