“Global direct-fed microbials market projected to have a CAGR of 6.96%.”
The global direct-fed microbials market is projected to reach a value of USD 1,399.6 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 6.96% from 2016. The demand for direct-fed microbials in animal feed is projected to grow during the forecast period owing to the rapidly increasing global demand for quality animal products. The market is influenced by the growing awareness among consumers about preventive healthcare and nutrition. Factors such as low shelf life and high cost of direct-fed microbials are leading to a rise in the cost of production and restraining the growth of the market.
“Lactic acid bacteria segment accounted for the largest market share among the types of direct-fed microbials in 2015.”
On the basis of type, direct-fed microbials have been segmented into lactic acid bacteria, bacillus, and others which include prevotella bryantii, live beneficial bacteria, and Propionibacterium. Among these, the lactic acid bacteria segment accounted for the largest share in 2015, followed by the bacillus segment. Lactic acid bacteria are widely used for feed of poultry and ruminants, for healthy growth.
“Poultry segment led the market with the largest share in 2015.”
On the basis of livestock, the direct-fed microbials market has been segmented into swine, ruminants, poultry, aquatic animals, and others which include equine and pets. The market was led by the poultry segment, followed by ruminants. The role of direct-fed microbials in poultry includes altering the metabolism by enhancing digestive enzyme activity, maintaining normal intestinal microflora, and reducing bacterial enzyme activity and ammonia production.
“North America dominated the market with the largest share in 2015.”
North America formed the largest market for direct-fed microbials in 2015, whereas Europe accounted for the second-largest market share in 2015. The application of direct-fed microbials in animal feed is expected to increase at a faster pace in Europe and the Asia-Pacific region due to the rising demand. The farming techniques used in the region require healthy and strong farm animals; direct-fed microbials help in balancing the digestive systems and enhancing the immunity systems of livestock.
Livestock has always been an important industry in the North American agriculture sector and shows a positive future outlook, due to increasing meat exports as well as rising consumption within the country. Canada has the advantage of lower feed cost due to the small biofuel industry, which allows more grain input in livestock breeding.
Breakdown of profiles of primary participants is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 30 %, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: Directors – 22%, C level – 28%, and Manager level – 50%
- By Region: North America – 35%, Europe – 23%, Asia-Pacific – 32%, and RoW – 10%
The key players identified in the global direct-fed microbials market include Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.), Koninklijke DSM N. V. (Netherlands), Novozymes (Denmark), Chr. Hansen A/S (Denmark), Kemin Industries (U.S.), BIOMIN Holding GmbH (Austria), Lallemand Inc. (Canada), Novus International, Inc. (U.S.), and Bio-vet (U.S.).
- This study estimates the global market size of direct-fed microbials, in terms of dollar value, till 2022, segmented on the basis of type, livestock, and form.
- It offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of this market with reference to the competitive landscape and preferred development strategies such as expansions and investments, and to gain a larger share in the market.
- It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and key issues of the market
Reasons To buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?market sizing, industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape as well as dynamics of the study market.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on direct-fed microbials offered by the top players in the global market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets across various regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global market