“Energy-efficient windows market projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.6%”
The energy-efficient windows market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% during the forecast period of 2016–2026 and reach USD 25.31 billion by 2026. The energy-efficient windows market is gaining momentum in the modern construction industry due to the factors such as growth in concerns with regard to increasing level of carbon footprint in the environment as a result of high energy consumption, increase in trend of sustainable construction techniques such as zero energy building and energy-efficient buildings, and stringent government regulations. However, lack of awareness regarding the benefits of energy-efficient windows and their high initial investments & installation cost act as retraining factors for the energy-efficient windows market.
“The double glazing segment accounted for the largest market share in the energy-efficient windows market in 2015”
The double glazing segment dominated the energy-efficient windows market in 2015 and is projected to retain the leading position through 2026. Double paned windows are relatively cheaper than the other type of double and triple glazed alternatives and provide medium thermal benefits. This type of glazing is popular across all regions, mainly in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and in the southwestern Europe. The application of double glazed windows can be widely seen in the non-residential buildings, which nowadays are growingly using fixed windows for the exterior part of the building structure.
“The replacement & renovation segment, by application, accounted for a considerably larger market share in the energy-efficient windows market”
The energy-efficient windows find applications in replacement & renovation and new construction segments. The replacement & renovation application led the demand for energy-efficient windows in 2015 and is projected to grow at a higher CAGR from 2016 to 2026. This growth can be attributed to the existing base of installed windows, which need replacement over the years. Also, growth in concerns with regard to energy consumption and increase in trend of sustainable construction are anticipated to propel the homeowners and building contractors to switch to energy-efficient windows for replacement purpose, majorly in developed markets.
“The Asia-Pacific region expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period”
In 2015, the U.S. was the largest country-level market for energy-efficient windows and is projected to be the fastest-growing in the North American region from 2016 to 2026, owing to the increase in trend of zero energy buildings and sustainable construction and implementation of energy related regulations.
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to register the highest CAGR globally, between 2016 and 2021. China was largest market for energy-efficient windows in the Asia-Pacific region, in 2015. The Chinese market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of construction activities in the region as well as population in China, Indonesia, and India are driving the growth of the Asia-Pacific energy-efficient windows market.
Breakdown of Primaries
- By Company Type: Tier 1 –35%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 35%
- By Designation: Director Level – 65% and Manager Level – 35%
- By Region: North America – 25%, Europe – 28%, Asia-Pacific – 22%, Latin America– 10%, and Middle East & Africa – 15%
Note: The tier of the companies is defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2015.
Tier 1: Revenue > USD 10 billion; Tier 2: USD 1 billion > Revenue > USD 10 billion; Tier 3: Revenue < USD 1 billion
The various key players profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Saint Gobain S.A. (France)
2. Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. (Japan),
3. Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd. (Japan)
4. SCHOTT AG (Germany)
5. Central Glass Co. Ltd. (Japan)
6. Masco Corporation (U.S.)
7. Builders FirstSource, Inc. (U.S.)
8. Jeld-Wen Holding, Inc. (U.S.)
9. YKK AP, Inc. (Japan)
10. Ply Gem Holdings, Inc. (U.S.)
11. BMC Stock Holdings, Inc. (U.S.)
12. Associated Materials LLC (U.S.)
13. Apogee Enterprises, Inc. (U.S.)
14. Deceuninck NV (Belgium)
15. PGT, Inc. (U.S.)
16. Turkiye Sise Ve Cam Fabrikalari A.S. (Turkey)
17. VKR Holding A/S (Denmark)
18. Drew Industries Incorporated (U.S.)
19. Inwido AB (Sweden)
20. China Glass Holding Limited (China)
21. Anderson Corporation (U.S.)
22. Atrium Corporation (U.S.)
23. Guardian Industries Corp (U.S.)
24. Harvey Building Products (U.S.)
25. Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Co., Inc. (U.S.)
26. Marvin Windows and Doors (U.S.)
27. Pella Corporation (U.S.)
28. Soft-Lite, LLC (U.S.)
29. Ultraframe (UK) Ltd (U.K.)
30. Weather Shield Manufacturing Incorporated (U.S.)
The primary objective of the study is to define, segment, and project the global energy-efficient windows market on the basis of glazing type, component, application, end-use sector, and region. The study also aims at strategically analyzing micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market. It also provides detailed information about the main factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges). In addition to this, the study analyzes competitive developments such as mergers & acquisitions; expansions; partnerships; new product developments; and research & development activities in the energy-efficient windows market.
Reasons To Buy the report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the energy-efficient windows market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes mergers & acquisitions, expansions, new product launches, and partnerships.