The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The soft drinks industry is facing intense scrutiny over the levels of sugar and artificial ingredients used in its products. At the same time, manufacturers face myriad and conflicting consumer preferences, for drinks that are tasty, healthy, low- or no- calorie, natural, and hydrating, which calls for new approaches to soft drink formulation. Many brands embark upon programs of incrementally improving their products in response to such demands, but find that these reformulated products are poorly received by consumers who feel that the brand has not done enough to really meet their needs, or has compromised too much on the flavor of the original product. Hint Water saw the market from a fresh perspective, opening up a new approach to healthy and tasty drink formulation.
- Hint’s success comes from a combination of unique insight backed up by thorough research and clarity of purpose.
- Despite early success, Hint continued to invest in new product development, which allowed it to exploit opportunities to expand at the right time.
- Hint makes sure it understands its customers so that it knows what they want, when and where they want it.
"Success Case Study: Hint Water" is part of Canadean’s Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of the Hint Water brand, which created a new category of flavored waters. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.