The global animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2016 to 2021, to reach USD 4.73 billion by 2021 from USD 3.77 billion in 2016. The growth of this market is mainly attributed to rising demand for animal-derived food products, growing demand for pet insurance and rising animal health expenditure, and increasing incidences of zoonotic diseases. In addition, the implementation of the regulations for preventing the spread of animal diseases and increasing awareness about animal healthcare are further expected to drive the growth of this market. However, growing resistance to the antibiotic and antimicrobial agents, dearth of new antibiotics, and replacement of routine prophylactic use of antibiotics by good husbandry and hygiene practices may hinder the growth of this market to certain extent. Untapped emerging market such as China, India offers significant growth opportunities.
Based on the type of product, the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market is segmented into tetracyclines, penicillins, macrolides, aminoglycosides, sulfonamides, fluoroquinolones, lincosamides, cephalosporins, and other antimicrobials and antibiotics. On the basis of mode of delivery, the market is further segmented into premixes, oral powders, oral solutions, injections, and other modes of delivery. Similarly, on the basis of type of animals the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market is segmented into food-producing animals and companion animals. The food-producing animals segment accounted for the largest share of the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market in 2015.
Geographically, the global animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. In 2015, North America commanded a major share of the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market. This is mainly due to the increasing adoption of companion animals, growing pet insurance industry, increasing demand for animal-derived food products, and rising veterinary healthcare expenditure in the region. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period. Growth in the Asia-Pacific market can be attributed to rising companion animal population and increase in the demand for animal-derived food products.
Some of the prominent players in the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market include Zoetis, Inc. (U.S.), Eli Lilly and Company (U.S.), Merck & Co., Inc. (U.S.), Bayer AG (Germany), Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Germany), Virbac (France), Ceva Sante Animale (France), Vetoquinol S.A. (France), and Dechra Pharmaceuticals PLC (U.K.)
In addition to deep down segmentation provided in this report, it briefs about the market dynamics including drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and market trends. The report also covers the regulatory analysis for the production and marketing of the animal antibiotic and antimicrobial products. In addition, this report highlights the growth strategies adopted by the major market players to garner larger share in the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for increasing their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market. The report analyzes the animal antibiotic and antimicrobial agents market by product, mode of delivery, animal type, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets by product and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the animal antibiotics and antimicrobials market