Volumes of carbonates ended Q3-16 with a decline. Declines in the category can be attributed to the ’sugar debate’, a poor summer and increasing competition from other categories such as packaged and flavored water. Volumes of sports drinks ended the quarter with a volume decline as the category continues to struggle and lose appeal as consumers look to other beverages pre and post work out such as packaged water, coconut water and protein based drinks. Beer consumption remained relatively flat during Q3-16, despite activity around the start of the period with the UEFA Euro Championship.
- Energy drinks continue to experience growth.
- Within the carbonates category, tonic, mixers and bitters experienced volume growth, however colas and lemonade were in decline.
- The poor weather during the summer did not help contribute to cider consumption.
- The UEFA Euro Championship had no impact on sports drinks category performance.
Canadean’s Northern Ireland Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering carbonates, sports drinks, energy drinks, beer and cider is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Northern Ireland beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Northern Ireland to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry ’hot topic’ offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation