The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The 2017 edition of this annual publication provides comprehensive analysis and key insights into the Strategies & Plans being formulated, developed and pursued by the World’s Top 7 Medium & Heavy Truck manufacturers for the near to medium term horizon as the industry continues to face a complex, challenging & rapidly evolving macroeconomic & geopolitical environment. The report is unique with reference to its core focus on and deep qualitative analysis of strategies & plans for the industry OEMs. The biggest of the environmental uncertainties going forward into 2017 emanates from the change of political leadership in the U.S. with the advent of Republicans led by Trump & his extreme foreign policy stances which have already sent further jitters to most European and Asian nations regarding the likely further evolution of traditional world order already stirred up by the Russian resurgence, Chinese military build-up, Political Instability in the Middle East and continued North Korean nuclear antics.
2017, overall, is likely to be a slightly better year for the global economy than 2016, as per economic growth forecasts. The global economy is projected to register improved growth in 2017 as against 2016 level as per projections by the IMF & the World Bank amid continued challenges from terrorism, extremism and continued war operations across several parts of the world. The projections indicate towards improved GDP growth projections for the U.S., slight acceleration of economic recovery in Europe, steady yet moderate growth in China and slight reduction in growth rate for India given the demonetization move by the Indian government. Additionally, commodity prices are likely to register an improvement in 2017 with improvement likely in metal prices and forecasts for increase in oil prices in 2017 with OPEC’s agreement on limiting & managing production levels likely to provide some relief to the global energy sector.
The global demand for medium & heavy trucks is currently being spearheaded by Europe since 2015 with continued improvement in freight rates & volumes driven by accelerated economic recovery which is likely to be sustained in 2017 as well. The European market is projected to register a healthy, close to double digit demand growth for medium & heavy trucks for 2016 which is likely to be followed by a slight dip in 2017. The North American market continues to be in the cool down phase after registering strong demand growth in 2015 while China & India remain as the only emerging markets on an upward trajectory. Additionally, the global medium & heavy truck industry is on the verge of a virtual transformation driven by the four key megatrends, namely, Connectivity, Autonomous Driving Technologies, Safety and Efficiency (collectively termed CASE) which together are poised to transform the industry landscape altogether over medium term with the simultaneous evolution of innovative business models as well as concepts, like, Truck Platooning, Freight sharing and new, innovative Service Models & Concepts etc. The trucking industry landscape going forward into 2017, thus, is radically different from how it was a couple of years back with technology occupying strategic positioning & leading the overall pace of change which is likely to pick up further momentum going forward.
Against this backdrop, the report provides analysis of the strategies & plans being developed by the World’s Top 7 Medium & Heavy Truck manufacturers aimed at capitalizing on emerging growth opportunities while continuing to invest towards R&D aimed at long term growth. The report also provides a comprehensive SWOT framework analysis on all of the top 7 industry OEMs covered in the report providing useful insights into each player’s respective strengths and weaknesses. The report concludes with analysis of key trends, market conditions, potential growth opportunities and demand growth projections for the global medium & heavy truck market through 2025.
- -Analysis of Daimler’s Strategy & Plans Focused on Enhancement of Competitive Advantages & Strategic Differentiators while Investing for the Future
- - Volvo’s Well Defined Growth Plans aimed at Expanding Market Presence & Share in North America – Analysis & Insights
- - MAN’s Significant Focus on Expansion of Technological Capabilities & Boosting Profitability
- - Analysis of Scania’s Growth Strategy 2020 focused on Technology, Sales Volumes, Market Shares, Services Business and Profitability
- -Analysis of Key Technology Trends likely to Shape the Industry’s Future
- -VW’s Foray into North America through Strategic Alliance with Navistar – Implications for the Industry
- -Advent of Nikola One Heavy Duty Class 8 Electric Truck – A Game Changer Truly
Relevance & Usefulness: The report will be useful for:-
- - Strategic Planning, Assessment & Decision-Making Processes
- - Competitor Analysis & Comparative Analysis of covered Industry OEMs
- - Identification of & Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities & Avenues
- - Analysis of Near to Medium Term Strategy Focus and Key Strategies & Plans for all OEMs
- - Medium Term Strategic Outlook, Inputs on Market Evolution & Growth Projections through 2025
- - Analysis of Emerging Market & Technology Trends
- - Contingency planning for current Strategies & Programs
- - Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- - Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their overall Dynamics
For Whom: Key Decision-Makers across Industry Value Chain
The report is essential & a must have for Senior Industry Personnel and all those with strategic interest & stakes in the Global Medium & Heavy Truck Market. The report will be extremely useful for Key Decision-Makers, Program & Procurement Managers, Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies, Suppliers, Vendors, Fleet Operators & Logistics Solutions Providers, Associated Equipment Manufacturers, Technology Solutions Providers, Sales & Distribution Channels, Services Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, Researchers and all those associated with the industry.
Features, Benefits & Reasons to Procure:-
- -Provides Macro View and Big Picture Quickly
- -Blend of Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- -Significant Time Savings
- -Visual Representation enables Easy Comprehension
- -Meetings & Presentation Ready Format
- -Superior & Enriched User Experience with Incorporation of Relevant Images