“Fermented ingredients market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2017 to 2022”
The fermented ingredients market is projected to reach USD 35.6 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2017. The market is driven by factors such as growth in bio-ethanol & antibiotics industry, rise in awareness toward quality fermented food ingredients. The growth in preferences of consumers toward products manufactured by biotechnology has given opportunities to fermented ingredient manufacturers to introduce new and effective fermented ingredients across various segments. Availability of quality raw materials and high cost and possibilities of health risk due to fermentation are the restraining factors for fermented ingredient product manufacturers.
“Amino acids accounted for the largest market share in 2015.”
Amino acids are the organic compounds that are widely used by the industries such as food & beverage, feed, and pharmaceutical. These are the building blocks of protein and are directly involved in the functioning of the nervous system. Amino acids such as lysine and methionine are majorly utilized as additives in the animal feed industry. In addition, amino acids such as glutamic are popular flavor enhancers and in demand in the food industry.
“Pharmaceuticals segment projected to lead the market by 2022.”
Effective fermented amino acids and enzymes used in pharmaceutical applications play an important role in direct therapeutic effects of pharmaceutical products. Therefore, high-quality fermented ingredients are of great importance in the pharmaceutical industry and are demanded on a large scale. Fermented ingredients are projected to yield demand in pharmaceutical intelligence, for instance, tissue engineering.
“Asia-Pacific market projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022.”
Highly populous countries such as China and India in the Asia-Pacific region are anticipated to drive the demand for fermented ingredients during the forecast period. Growth in demand for high-quality food and personal care products is propelling the demand for quality fermented ingredients in this region.
The breakdown of primaries on the basis of company, designation, and region, conducted during the research study is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 20%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 35%
- By Designation: Director Level – 22%, C Level – 28%, and Others – 50%
- By Region: North America – 18%, Europe – 25%, Asia-Pacific – 45%, and RoW – 12%
Key players are as follows:
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.)
- Ajinomoto Corporation Inc. (Japan)
- Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands)
- Chr. Hansen A/S (Denmark)
- BASF SA (Germany)
These companies collectively accounted for the largest portion of the fermented ingredients market in 2015.
Other players with a strong presence in this market are as follows:
- Lallemand Inc. (Canada)
- AngelYeast Co., Ltd. (China)
- Dhler Group (Germany)
- Lonza (Switzerland)
This research report categorizes the fermented ingredients market based on type, application, form, process, and region. Based on type, the market has been segmented into amino acids, organic acids, vitamins, polymers, biogas, antibiotics and industrial enzymes. Based on applications, the market has been segmented into food & beverages, feed, pharmaceutical, paper, textile & leather, biofuel, and personal care. In terms of form, the market has been segmented into liquid and dry. Regional segmentation of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW (Rest of the World).
Reasons To Buy this report
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?industry analysis (industry trends), and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape?emerging and high-growth segments of the global fermented ingredients market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on fermented ingredients offered by top players in the global market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming fermented ingredient techniques, research & development activities, and new product launches in the fermented ingredients market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global fermented ingredients market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the global fermented ingredients market