Point-of-care testing (POCT), as known as bedside/near-patient testing is one of the most rapidly growing areas in IVD.
Systems that are categorized as POC include the following -
- Disposable systems or devices, which vary from reagent test strips for a single analyte to multi-analyte reagent strips
- Small analyzers, usually hand-held devices
- Desktop analyzers are larger and include systems designed for use in clinics or small laboratories.
The infectious disease POCT space represents one of the fastest growing markets within the POC space. Just under $700 million in annual global sales and growth rate of 7.7% during the forecast period; the US, India and Brazil, are expected to show the fastest growth.A number of factors, such as the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases in developing countries, the rising usage of home-based POC devices, the expansion of the test menu, and technological advancements in molecular testing and lab-on-chip technology are stimulating the demand for infectious disease POCT.The rate of infectious disease POCT adoption will be moderated by the requirement for regulatory compliance, the pressure to control cost, and the need to demonstrate the clear clinical-cost benefits of POCT over central laboratory testing.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future infectious disease POCT market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the infectious disease POCT space across different regions?
- What are the key, high growth markets that IVD manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the infectious disease POC tests currently on the market? How will emerging technologies such as molecular POC assays fulfil these unmet needs?
- What are the key factors influencing a physician to use infectious disease POC tests? What is physician perception and market outlook of these devices?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of infectious disease POC devices?
- Competitive assessment: Currently marketed infectious disease POC products and evolving competitive landscape
- In-depth analysis of unmet needs and adoption trends of different infectious disease POC devices
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging products and technologies.
- Annualized total infectious disease POCT market revenue by segment and market outlooks by country from 2013-2022.
- Other key topics covered include strategic competitive assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, market dynamics, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
Reasons To Buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage
- Track device sales in the global market from 2013-2022
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships