In addition, pre-filled syringes also offer a variety of economic benefits to pharmaceutical companies including a reduction in drug overfill and waste, which increases the saleable yield of the API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient).
SNS Research estimates that the market for pre-filled syringes will account for nearly $4 Billion in revenue by the end of 2016. Despite challenges relating to drug stability, manufacturing and competition from other drug delivery technologies, the market is poised for significant growth in the coming years.
The “Pre-Filled Syringes Market: 2016 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the pre-filled syringes ecosystem including technology, market drivers, challenges, investment potential, leading therapies, use cases, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts for pre-filled syringe unit sales from 2016 through to 2030. The forecasts are further segmented for 4 horizontal submarkets, 10 drug classes, 5 regions and 15 leading countries.
The report has the following key findings:
- SNS Research estimates that the market for pre-filled syringes will account for nearly $4 Billion in revenue by the end of 2016. Despite challenges relating to drug stability, manufacturing and competition from other drug delivery technologies, the market is poised for significant growth in the coming years.
- In 2015, plastic based platforms accounted for just over 9% of the wider pre-filled syringes market. Over the next four years, the proportion of plastic pre-filled syringes is expected to increase by 6%, as drug developers seek to reduce the likelihood of breakage, while increasing the functionality of their products.
- Many pre-filled syringe manufacturers now offer integrated automatic needle shielding or retractable needle options. In addition, specialist manufacturers have developed dual and multi chambered syringes to cater for drugs that must be reconstituted at the point of delivery.
- Pre-filled pen systems and auto-injectors will grow at a CAGR of 21% over the next four years.
The report covers the following topics:
- Pre-filled syringes ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Technology, safety mechanisms and key trends
- Pen systems and auto-injectors
- Industry roadmap and value chain
- Analysis of leading drug classes and pre-filled syringe therapies
- Profiles and strategies of over 80 leading ecosystem players, including manufacturers and pharmaceutical giants
- Strategic recommendations for ecosystem players
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2016 till 2030