This brand new yearbook offers the ultimate analysis of the energy storage market. The key player estimates that global spending on the six established energy storage technologies (EST), namely pumped hydro storage (PHS), grid-scale batteries, thermal storage, compressed air energy storage (CAES), ultracapacitors and flywheels will amount to $7,235m in 2016.
The grid-scale batteries market is set to increase substantially over the next ten years, overcoming PHS as the largest global energy storage submarkets from the early 2020s onwards. This is an example of the business-critical news that you need to know about. You need to read this objective analysis of how this will impact your company and the industry more broadly. How are you and your company reacting to this news? Are you sufficiently informed?
How this report will benefit you
In this brand-new 500 page yearbook you will find 403 in-depth tables, charts and graphs PLUS seven EXCLUSIVE interviews – all unavailable elsewhere.
This 500 page yearbook provides detailed CAPEX forecasts for the six established ESTs (PHS, grid-scale batteries, thermal storage, CAES, ultracapacitors and flywheels) over the period 2016-2026 and in-depth performance assessments for eight emerging and next-generation ESTs (adiabatic and isothermal CAES, liquid air energy storage, large-scale hydrogen storage and hydrogen fuel cells, superconducting magnetic energy storage and four innovative battery chemistries: lithium sulphur, lithium air, magnesium ion and zinc air).
By ordering and reading our brand new report today you will stay better informed and ready to act.
Expert opinion from seven leaders within the market:
- Mr Petr Maralik from CEZ Group, one of Europe’s biggest operators of PHS projects
- Alexander Goldin from RusHydro, a Russian utility company active in the PHS sector
- Mr. Paul DiRenzo, from Peak Hour Power, a US-based company developing innovative PHS facilities
- Mr. Giw Zanganeh from Airlight Energy, a leader in thermal and air compressed energy storage
- Mr. Gareth Brett from Highview Power, a former spin-off from the University of Leeds (UK) which is working on liquid air energy storage (LAES) technologies
- Mr. Philippe Bouchard from EoS Energy Storage, a provider of batteries for the electric utility and transportation sectors
- Mr. Bill Radvak and Brian Beck from American Vanadium, a leading producer of flow batteries
- Closed-loop / Open-loop / Innovative pumped hydro storage (PHS)
- Lithium-ion / Sodium-based / Flow / Advanced lead acid / other batteries
- Thermal storage
- Compressed air energy storage (CAES)
- Grid-scale batteries
- Thermal storage
Forecasts of the installed PHS capacity (MW) in the ten leading national markets and the rest of the world market from 2016 to 2026.
Details (project name, location, MW capacity, type, status and date of commissioning) of every operational, under construction and planned PHS project around the world from 2016 to 2026.
An overview and analysis of the range of applications of ESTs in the electricity sector, and their requirements.
Detailed analysis of each technology submarket with an overview of current performance characteristics, capital cost, existing capacity and subcategories of the technology, the technology’s market share, outlook and applications in the electricity sector.
A barriers to entry analysis by:
- Geographical market space in which ESTs will be utilised
- EST type
- Adiabatic and isothermal CAES
- Liquid air energy storage (LAES)
- Large-scale hydrogen storage and hydrogen fuel cells
- Superconducting magnetic energy storage
- Innovative battery chemistries: lithium-sulphur, lithium-air, magnesium-ion, zinc-air
Analysis of leading companies operating in each technology submarket.
Leading Companies in the PHS Market
- Voith Hydro
- Dongfang Electric
- Alstom Energy
- Other Companies in the PHS Market
- NGK Insulators Ltd
- BYD Co. Ltd
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd
- GE Energy Storage
- Tesla Motors Inc.
- Other Leading Companies in the Grid-Scale Battery Storage Market
- General Compression
- Airlight Energy
- LightSail Energy
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc.
- Amber Kinetics Inc.
- Beacon Power
- Highview Power Storage
- Isentropic Ltd
- Maxwell technologies Inc.
- Other Companies in the EST Market
- Energy storage companies involved in the pumped hydro storage, compressed air energy storage (CAES), thermal storage, flywheels, batteries (Lithium-ion, sodium sulphur, flow batteries, etc.) and ultracapacitors submarkets
- Utility companies and companies owning, operating or developing power transmission and distribution grids
- Smart grid technology manufacturers and suppliers
- Grid-scale energy efficiency analyst and engineering companies
- Technology developers
- Heads of strategic development
- Marketing staff
- Markets analysts
- Procurement staff & suppliers
- Investors & financial institutions
- Governmental departments & agencie