Although Ka-Band demand is on the rise, Ku-Band will continue to be the most relied upon technology for satellite transponder leasing in the near term because of the high costs to upgrade. Ka-Band, however, represents a significant growth opportunity for new high-bandwidth applications such as maritime broadband and in-flight communications that require landline-rivaling speeds. This study analyses the satellite transponder market, examining key trends impacting adoption of satellite transponder capacity leasing. The study includes market share and forecasts from 2015 to 2022 and regional breakouts and identifies key satellite providers and their roles in the satellite transponder market.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
- How much revenue did satellite transponder leasing services generate in 2015?
- How will the satellite transponder market grow over the forecast period?
- What are the drivers and restraints impacting this market and to what degree?
- What are the technology trends impacting the satellite transponder market?
- How are the individual regions growing, and what are the key trends?
- Who are the market participants, and what does the competitive landscape look like?