3D printing industry visualizes a world where 3D printer will be used in every home. 3D printing is rapidly evolving, and with increasing technological advancement and wide range of 3D printing materials, it is gradually becoming more pervasive, thus, changing the face of the manufacturing industries. The global 3D printing materials market is estimated to witness growth at a CAGR of 17.6% over the period of 2016 to 2022. This growth is expected due to increasing demand of 3D printing materials from the manufacturing industries, increasing consumer application and increasing opportunities for 3D printers in the clothing, electronics and food sector.
The 3D printing materials market comprises of the materials such as plastics, photopolymers, metals and metal alloys, ceramics among others and technologies such as Materials Extrusion (FDM/FFF), Light Polymerized (SLA, DLP, PJP) and Powder Bed Fusion (DMLS, SLS, SLM, EBM) among others.
The U.S. generated the maximum amount of revenue in the year 2015 in the global 3D printing materials market among all the countries; whereas, Japan and China have the maximum potential to grow in the forecast period. If the industry has the prospects of growing with the same pace, it will cross $1.52 billion in total market by the end of forecast period 2022.
The report is a compilation of different segments of Global 3D printing materials market including market breakdown by 3DP materials, forms, technologies, applications and different geographical areas. The revenue generated from 3D printing materials in the market has been tracked to calculate the market size. Under this section, the materials by form (filaments, powder and liquid) and the materials by industrial vertical and its application areas which are shaping the market have also been explained.
While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed explanation of the materials and technologies used in 3D printing and application areas of this market. It also analyzes the key players involved in the industry.
The report answers the following questions about the Global 3D printing materials market:
- What are the dominant materials and technologies used in 3D printing materials market?
- What are the materials used for 3D printing?
- What are the forms of materials used for 3D printing?
- What are the technologies used for 3D printing?
- What are the different application areas of 3D printing materials market?
- Which are the most sought-after materials and technologies in 3D printing?
- What is the revenue generated by different segments such as 3DP materials, forms, technologies, applications and geographies of 3D printing materials market?
- What are the different factors driving the market in the forecast period?
- What are the major factors challenging the growth of 3D printing materials market?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- Which region will lead the Global 3D printing materials market by the end of forecast period?