Growing at a healthy rate of 7.9% in the first three months of 2016, the Indian economy retains the top position as one of the fastest growing economies, beating the forecasted growth of 7.5%. The concept of digital India gives all the more reason for organizations to consider increasing their ICT budgets. Consequently, together the wave of economic optimism and the digital India initiatives have spurred enterprises to walk the path of ICT investment.
- Indian enterprises are upbeat about the growing prospects of information and communications technology (ICT) which reflects in their investment strategies, with the majority of Indian enterprises willing to increase their budget slightly or significantly.
- To chalk out valuable and actionable insights from ever increasing data and to improve decision making, organizations are willing to invest in business intelligence solutions, with data warehousing and analytics attracting greater attention from respondents in the next two years.
- Survival and enhanced decision making are rated among the top most business objectives that drive IT investment, as most ICT spending strategies revolve around increasing efficiency and productivity while being cost effective.
ICT investment trends in India presents the findings from a survey of 111 Indian enterprises regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how Indian enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including enterprise application, business intelligence, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in India. Through Kable’s survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to enterprises in India.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions Indian enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Indian enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise application, business intelligence, IoT, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing Indian enterprises’ investments in each technology category
- How Indian enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Indian enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into Indian enterprises’ preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that Indian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing Indian enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how Indian enterprises ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT Rupees are being allocated by Indian enterprises in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Indian enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise application, business intelligence, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Indian enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that Indian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies