The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Amid growing market uncertainty, falling demand, and pricing pressures, organizations within the mining industry are planning to increase focus on improving operational efficiency, expanding in current market, and strengthening company finances. Mergers and acquisitions are expected to increase within the mining industry with emerging markets such as South Africa, India, and China offering prominent growth opportunities. Over one-third of mining industry executives indicate average expenditure of less than US$1 million for cranes. Furthermore, coal mining and metal mining are identified as the highest revenue contributors for the mining industry in Latin America over the next four years.
- The top three key priorities as identified by respondents include improving operational efficiency, expand in current market, and stabilizing company finances
- Developed markets such as Australia, the US, and Canada are identified as important regions for growth over the next six months by mining respondents
- IT infrastructure development and new product development will record a significant increase or notable increase in capital expenditure over the next six months
- The highest percentage of executives with companies operating in Europe expect to spend on the procurement of services in 2017
- Overall, 60% of respondents highlight Latin America as the highest revenue contributing region for the mining equipment market in 2016
Kable’s Mining Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Report examines executives’ opinion on the business outlook and procurement activities over May-October 2016. Organizations can know about key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, and the key equipment categories with the highest revenue contribution to the mining industry. Additionally, it provides information categorized by region and company type.
What else does this report offer?
- Key business priorities: examines the mining companies’ important priorities for May-October 2016
- Emerging and developed markets: provides information about key emerging and developed markets that will offer the most growth over May-October 2016
- Change in MandA activity: analyzes mining industry executives’ opinion on changes in merger and acquisition activity globally
- Business concerns: identifies major business concerns that are likely to impact mining companies
- Change in capital expenditure: tracks the expected change in capital expenditure both globally and regionally
- Purchase preferences: analyzing the purchasing behavior towards mining equipment and investment allocations in the mining equipment categories
- Budget allocation: examining the total procurement budget split between capital expenditure and operating expenditure, and tracking the changes in the budget for 2016 and expectations for 2017
- Equipment categories: highlights the key equipment categories with the highest revenue contribution to the mining industry from 2016-2020
Reasons To Buy
- Highlights key business priorities thus helping mining companies to realign business strategy
- Develop or adjust business expansion plans by knowing about significant growth offering emerging and developed markets
- Make changes in procurement budget allocations through procurement budget projections anticipated by executives for May-October 2016
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during May-October 2016
- Enables organizations to make key decisions on purchase preferences and investments in mining equipment