The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
This case study is about the success of a personal care business called Urban Fresh Cosmetics, headquartered in Albuquerque in New Mexico. Specialized in producing "natural" skincare products, the business has become successful thanks to its use of "urban farming," through which it grows raw plants and transforms them into beauty product ingredients.
- The success of Urban Fresh Cosmetics highlights the story of a cosmetics business created by a couple who were running a spa business. Leveraging their experience in esthetics, they came up with the idea of creating a line of handmade, eco-friendly bath products.
- They adopted a new approach in the production of skincare products of growing raw plants and transforming them into beauty product ingredients.
- The pair used a creative marketing to develop communication of their sustainable and ethical image and target the right consumer segments.
Success Case Study: Urban Fresh Cosmetics is part of Canadean’s Successes and Failures research and explores a success of a cosmetics business with a strong focus on "natural" products based on in-house, urban-farmed ingredients.
It delivers the critical:
- "What?" - Urban Fresh Cosmetics is a personal care business offering handmade, artisanal products.
- "Why?" - Utilizing a more holistic approach to innovation and including sustainability values in the overall brand story.
- "So what?" - Scalability helps capitalize on relevant and potential trends.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have underperformed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.