Timetric’s ’Insight Report: Mobile Point of Sale – Global Market Size, Composition, Trends and Outlook’ analyzes the evolution of mPOS and its adoption into the payment system.
It investigates the impact of mPOS adoption beyond the evaluation of financial technology magazines
Furthermore, the report explores whether mPOS will meet investors’ and multiple mPOS companies’ expectations.
The report gives extensive details of the challenges faced by small and established merchants in terms of mPOS adoption.
It also analyzes the current payment system, and how it has been impacted by mPOS. The report gives regional analysis for mPOS adoption, and its activation rate, to gain a better understanding of market absorption of the new system.
It also gives an insight into barriers and drivers to adoption in mature and emerging markets, and the differences between the two.
The report explores the conventional merchant acquiring and the impact of EMV migration along with the NFC boost to mPOS.
Timetric’s ’Insight Report: Mobile Point of Sale – Global Market Size, Composition, Trends and Outlook’ provides insights into mPOS adoption in the payment industry. It also:
- Analyzes the evolution of mPOS in the payments system.
- Covers key challenges faced by merchants in terms of mPOS adoption.
- Explores initiatives taken by merchants to incorporate mPOS into their business models.
- Discusses various business models in the mPOS industry.
- Explores whether the mPOS hype in Silicon Valley is sustainable.
- Covers regional analysis with respect to current POS and mPOS adoption
- Provides analysis of major challenges faced by merchants in mPOS adoption
- Analyzes the evolution of mPOS in the payments system
- Explores initiatives taken by merchants to incorporate mPOS into their business models
- Analyzes the role of card issuers in facilitating mPOS adoption
- Explores the future options for mPOS adoption, its sustainability and approaches by different participants in the payment market to incorporate mPOS into their business models
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an understanding of mPOS adoption in the global cards and payments industry. Is this the need of the hour?
- Gain insights into impact mPOS on the payment industry.
- Understand which mPOS operating models are followed in the industry.
- Understand why some regions are falling behind in deploymentm, while others are developed.
- Gain insights into drivers of and barriers to adoption.
- Understand the impact of EMV migration on the mPOS industry.
- Gain insights into how organizations across the payment industry are adopting mPOS into their business models.
- Prior to the implementation of EMV standards, mPOS relied mainly on simple magnetic stripe card readers (dongles), which offered – and continue to offer in some countries – a considerable cost advantage relative to conventional POS.
- EMV mPOS devices are 5–10 times more expensive than mag-stripe dongles. This makes mPOS less attractive for low-income merchants.
- The US accounts for the majority of the global mPOS transaction value, and the number of active devices.
- mPOS allows retailers to better adapt to seasonal peaks, as it is more flexible in terms of terminal activation and deployment than conventional POS.
- mPOS customization may be less appealing for large merchants, as many can afford to develop tailored solutions that rely on conventional POS.