Nordex Completes Acquisition of Corporaci?n Acciona Windpower from Acciona for $879.86m - Deal Analysis from GlobalData
Nordex SE (Nordex), a manufacturer of wind turbines, has completed the acquisition of Corporaci?n Acciona Windpower S.L. (Acciona Windpower), a wind energy company, from Acciona S.A. (Acciona), a diversified company, for a purchase consideration of ?785m ($879.86m).
Under the terms of acquisition, Nordex has paid ?366.4m ($410.67m) in cash payment and issued 16.1m new Nordex shares valued at ?26 ($29.14) each. In addition, Acciona agreed to acquire 13.3% of additional Nordex shares from Skion-Momentum, an investment vehicle of the Quandt family and Nordex’s current main shareholder, increasing its stake in the company to 29.9%.
Nordex and Acciona Windpower complement each other in a number of areas. The combination of both the companies will create value and reduce future market risks. The integration of Acciona Windpower into Nordex will create a new, globally positioned European powerhouse in the wind industry with manufacturing facilities in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the US and India.
The deal analysis report details the following -
- Key drivers of the deal for Nordex, Acciona Windpower and Acciona
- Company overview of the companies involved
Reasons To Buy
- The deal analysis gives insights into the transaction structure and rationale behind the deal
- The report helps understand the benefits of the deal to Nordex, Acciona and Acciona Windpower
- Helps understand the major focus areas of value creation for the companies involved in the deal and also its target positioning, global reach and technology