The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global market food sweetener recorded $87.7 billion in 2015 and is estimated to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% and reach nearly $111 billion by 2020. In this market, sugar holds the majority share, comprising more than 80% share. The major constrain in the sugar market is the volatility in the prices, leading to market fluctuations.
The sweetener market is segmented as sugar, High Intensity sweeteners and High fructose corn syrup. The market for high-intensity sweeteners is expected to reach nearly $2.2 billion in 2020 at a CAGR of 5.1%. This growth is due to increased awareness and usage of dietary foods. Another major driver is the growing population of overweight, obese, and diabetic patients which is causing a growth in this category. Although high intensity sweeteners (HIS) don’t constitute a major share, this is the fastest growing segment. This is attributed to raising health concerns among people. Aspartame and Sucralose are the most famous sweeteners in the HIS segment. Stevia is seeing a major demand in the natural sweeteners category.
Europe is also a major user for its applications in alcoholic beverages. However in Europe, consumption of soft drinks – an end use for high-intensity sweeteners – is waning. As a result, demand for some artificial sweeteners is flat or decreasing in these regions. Consumption of high-intensity sweeteners in the Western Europe is expected to grow at lower rates, as the diet beverage market, the largest application, has matured. Due to the relatively short production period of sugar in the autumn season and its regional concentration in North Western Europe, there is a growing needs for imports in these region..
The leading players in this segment are Cargill, Kerry Group, Stevia First corporation, Hermes Sweeteners Ltd, and Tate and Lyle Plc. Companies are innovating the Stevia derived products to meet the consumer demand for Non caloric natural sweeteners.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Russia Food Sweetener Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Russia Food sweetener on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.