Seed coating is enhancing seed performance by addition of chemicals to protect the seed from pathogens. It creates products that are both safer for users and the environment. Importance of seed coatings is to ensure proper plantability, enhanced seeding rates and prevent doubles. Seed coating also results in establishment of uniform plant by creating uniform sized seed by coating the seeds with several layers of materials.
The global Seed coating market was worth around $900 million in 2014 and is expected to cross $1,625 million by 2021 growing at the CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period 2016-2021.
As per statistics on population growth a challenge has been raised to the agriculture sector, more specifically the seed sector, to help farmers find a way to produce more with less. Along with this the stress is on maintaining ecological balance. Rise in demand for seeds has exerted pressure on farmers, especially in Asian countries who are gradually shifting to scientific method of farming. Catering the demands of farmers for high quality seed is becoming difficult for manufacturers with rising demand for seeds.
This situation has generated an opportunity for seed coating companies. The benefits of seed coating like low seeding rate and less seedling damage are leading to more manufacture of coated seeds it is one of the simplest, safest, and most effective ways to treat any seed.
Polymer allows better utilization of insecticides and fungicides for better performance of seeds. It shows the same results as before with improvisation in pest resistance in early stages of crop development. Polymer has the largest market share among coating material type and is projected to grow with the increasing demand for coated seeds in the agriculture industry. Colorant is another important material accounting for around 25% of all the seed coatings materials used. The application of coating material is more in cereals and grain seeds accounting for more than 40% of the market share.Economic growth, industrialization of seed industry, rising farmers awareness are major factors responsible for growth in Asia-Pacific region which is also the fastest growing region.
North America was the largest consumer of cereals & grains and largest market of polymer in 2015, all the factors made North America most prominent market. The key players are focusing to expand their business in Asia-Pacific regions. The leading players in this market adopted various strategies to strengthen the market opportunities and increase their market shares. Acquisitions, agreements & joint ventures are the major strategies adopted by major players.
In this report we offer,
- Market analysis for the Global Seed Coating Materials Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Global Seed Coating Materials Market on both global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped