The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global satellite transponder market is estimated to be USD 15.55 billion in 2015, and is projected to reach USD 20.10 billion by 2020 at a CAGR 5.3% from 2015 to 2020. The satellite transponder market shows significant growth during the forecast period. Although the satellite industry is comparatively slow in technology adoption, the market growth is driven by factors such as increase in demand for new TV platforms and technologies and growth in Ku-band and Ka-band services.“Remote Sensing segment in application is expected to grow due to its wider application in acquiring information about the earth’s surface and atmosphere”
In the coming years, remote sensing segments are expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to an increase in satellite-sensing applications have been used to survey, and map global surface (land and ocean) and environment. Moreover, this has been used in agriculture, surveying, urban planning, environment management, water resource management, infrastructure monitoring, mineral exploration, coastal eco-system monitoring, and disaster management among others.
“Middle East & Africa would witness significant adoption of satellite transponder service in the coming years”
The North American region commanded the largest share in the global satellite transponder market, in 2015. However, the Middle East & Africa region is expected to witness significant growth in the satellite transponder market due to exponentially increasing demand for geostationary satellite transponder services and shift in focus towards reliable and secure satellite communication. The greatest contributors to this growth have been applications such as broadband access, enterprise data, DTH, and commercial mobility services.
Break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 30%, Tier 2 – 40% and Tier 3 – 30%
- By Designation - C level – 72%, Director level – 14%, Others – 14%
- By Region - North America - 55%, Europe – 12%, Asia-Pacific – 26%, RoW – 7%
- Eutelsat Communications S.A.
- Intelsat S.A.
- SES S.A.
- Thaicom Public Company Limited
- Sky Perfect Jsat Corporation
- Embratel Star One
- Singapore Telecommunication Limited (Singtel)
- Telesat Canada
- The report provides an in-depth analysis and comprehensive view of the overall market and the closest approximation about global numbers and segmentaition across varied end users, channel applications, and regions.
- The report also provides analysis about strategies followed by top players to enhance market shares as well as understand market dynamics comprising key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- The report also offers competitive landscape and company profiles of key players, in addition to recent developments such as new product launches, contracts/ agreements, and mergers & acquisitions.