The global market for Internet video on-demand (VOD) services was both vibrant and dynamic in 2014 and 2015. With the rising number of cord cutters, shavers, and nevers; increasing broadband penetration; and the connected devices boom, Internet VOD is becoming the content consumption platform of choice for audiences worldwide. This study examines the global VOD services market, including drivers and restraints, industry challenges, and market forecasts. The study is divided into the cable, Internet Protocol TV (IPTV), direct-to-home (DTH), and Internet segments.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What factors will drive the growth of this market? What are the challenges that will hold the market back?
- Are the existing competitors correctly structured to meet customer needs? How will this market evolve in the future?
- What technical trends are shaping the marketplace today? What disruptions are on the horizon?
- What segments and regions are most rapidly adopting VOD? How will this landscape evolve in the future?