The demand for plastic waste management services is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.02%, in terms of value, from 2015 to 2020. The growth of this market is propelled by factors such as increasing urban population, industrialization, increasing consumer awareness, and stringent laws and regulations. The market is further driven by factors such as growing demand for plastics and plastic products.
The Asia-Pacific region is estimated to account for the largest market share. North America and Europe have many established plastic waste management companies due to the willingness of companies in the region to take up capital intensive projects, along with the availability of technical expertise.
The recycled plastics market is projected to witness the highest demand from packaging manufacturers. The market for recycling is projected to account for the largest market share from 2015 to 2020.
This report analyzes various trends and establishes the most effective growth strategy in the market. It identifies market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. Key players such as Veolia Environnement S.A. (France), SUEZ Environnement Company (France), Waste Management Inc. (U.S.), Republic Services Inc. (U.S.), and Stericycle Inc. (U.S.) have also been profiled.
Scope of the report
Collection & transportation equipment
- On the basis of service, this market has been segmented as follows:
- Collection & transportation
- On the basis of source, this market has been segmented as follows:
- Commercial & institutional
- Other sources (waste generated due to construction & demolition activities and agricultural waste)
- On the basis of polymer type, this market has been segmented as follows:
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Polyurethane (PUR), polystyrene (PS)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Others (thermoset and thermoplastics not included in the above segmentation such as SPI code 7 plastics, melamine formaldehyde, bakelite, and other polyester resins.)
- On the basis of end-use sector, the recycled plastics market has been segmented as follows:
- Textile & clothing
- Building & construction
- Others (electrical & electronic components & appliances, specific application in aerospace & defense, toys, and other stationery products.)
- On the basis of region, this market has been segmented as follows:
- North America
- RoW(South Africa, Nigeria, Brazil)