The prevailing instability has made it imperative for the Iraqi defense ministry to make significant investments to strengthen its defense capabilities. The Iraqi MoD has increased its defense budget substantially in the last two years, with US$21.1 billion allotted for 2015. The budget is projected to reach US$24.1 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.97%.
- Iraqi defense expenditure recorded a CAGR of 15.95% between 2011 and 2015, and values US$21.1 billion in 2015
- The country’s total defense expenditure during the forecast period is expected to be US$109.6 billion
- The average share of capital expenditure is expected to be 23.6% over the forecast period, compared to an average share of 20.7% during 2011-2015
- The key areas of investment are expected to be aircraft, helicopter, armored vehicles, and surveillance equipment
Strategic Defense Intelligence’s Iraqi Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020report offers detailed analysis with market size forecasts for 2016-2020. The factors that influence demand, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants are also covered.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Defense industry market size from 2016-2020, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. A snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns are provided
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. The key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country are also detailed
- Porter’s five forces analysis: study the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and export dynamics: review the prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: identify the top five defense investment opportunities from 2015 to 2025
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: including an overview of leading players, key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons To Buy
- Identify and track the global defense market and make regional comparisons to effectively target new revenue streams
- Understand the importance of being led by the defense ministries in the military procurement market and define your strategies with insight on what your customers really want by analyzing recent orders,
and the country’s expected investment pattern during 2016-2020
- Make correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the industry from 2016-2020, which includes the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers along with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis
- Determine prospective investment areas by gaining an in-depth understanding of the industry in terms of market opportunities
Channelize resources by identifying various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues across different sectors during 2016-2020
Questions about this report?
P: +1 646 513 4192 (US)
P: +31 20 486 1286 (EU)