Telecommunications service providers acquire and maintain substantial structured and unstructured (Big) data. Leading carriers have centralized Subscriber Data Management (SDM) systems, which consolidate and organize data from various sources such as HLR, HSS, and other data repositories. In addition, carriers have access to a plethora of data from various "Big Data" sources such as OSS/BSS, system monitoring and performance management systems including Self Organizing Networks (SON).
Big Data and related Analytics solutions opens a vast array of applications and opportunities for telecom carriers to offer services in multiple industry verticals. Network operators may sell data in a "Data as a Service" (DaaS) model to various market sectors including retail and hospitality, media, utilities, financial services, healthcare and pharmaceutical, telecommunications, government, homeland security, and the emerging industrial Internet vertical. DaaS is defined as any service offered wherein users can access vendor provided databases or host their own databases on vendor managed systems.
Carriers have an excellent opportunity to offer Business-to-Business (B2B) services on a DaaS basis, representing a fast growing secondary and revenue stream. The Big Data driven telecom analytics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 49% between 2015 and 2020, accounting for $7.6 Billion in annual revenue by 2020. The Telecom APIs market is expected to account for $ 167.5 Billion in global revenues worldwide by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 26 % between 2015 and 2020. The overall DaaS market will reach $271.9B globally by 2020.
This research evaluates telecom data, analytics, APIs, and provides a quantitative and qualitative and assessment of carrier prospects for B2B revenue as a DaaS provider including forecast data and key insights respectively. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- DaaS service providers
- Telecom service providers
- Wireless device manufacturers
- Big Data and Analytics companies
- Wireless infrastructure companies
- Telecom managed service companies
- Cloud infrastructure and XaaS providers
- Intermediaries and mediation companies
- The Big Data driven telecom analytics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 49% between 2015 and 2020, accounting for $7.6 Billion in annual revenue by 2020
- The Telecom APIs market is expected to account for $ 167.5 Billion in global revenues worldwide by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 26 % between 2015 and 2020
- The overall DaaS market will reach $271.9B globally by 2020
- Forecast data for Big Data, Analytics, Telecom APIs, and DaaS to 2020
- Understand DaaS infrastructure challenges for service provider operations
- Recognize the role and importance of DaaS as a carrier B2B service offering
- Understand the importance of managed systems and best practices for DaaS
- Identify carrier Big Data, Analytics, and Telecom API enabled service offerings
- Understand Big Data and Analytics vendor landscape, value chain analysis, case studies