The People’s Republic of China’s (PRC) assertiveness with regard to territorial claims and the rapid modernization of the country’s armed forces in recent years are major factors that are expected to drive Taiwan’s military expenditure. The country is expected to remain committed to making steady increases to its national defense budget in tandem with its economic growth. The country’s allocation towards procurement of weapons is expected to increase considerably over the period 2016-2020 which can be attributed to its decision to modernize armed forces. The nation’s domestic defense capabilities are largely underdeveloped, as a result of which a large number of foreign suppliers have entered the market by directly selling arms.
- Over the historic period, defense expenditure registered a growth rate of 1.58%, increasing from US$9.6 billion in 2011 to US$10.3 billion in 2015
- Military expenditure, valued at US$10.3 billion in 2015, is expected to increase to US$11.1 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 1.88% over the period 2016-2020
- Military expenditure will be driven by PRC’s assertiveness with regards to territorial claims and the need to modernize Taiwan’s armed forces, to deter PRC from invading the country
- The Defense Ministry is expected to procure corvettes, submarines, air-to-surface missiles, and upgrades for multi-role aircraft
Strategic Defense Intelligence’s - Future of Taiwanese Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020 offers detailed analysis of industry with market size forecasts for the period 2016-2020 is done. Also, analysis of factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants is covered.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the defense industry during 2016-2020, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of the defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities from 2015 to 2025
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: including an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons To Buy
- Quickly enhance your understanding of "CFM International, Inc."
- Gain insight into the marketplace and a better understanding of internal and external factors which could impact the industry.
- Increase business/sales activities by understanding your competitors’ businesses better.
- Recognize potential partnerships and suppliers.
Questions about this report?
P: +1 646 513 4192 (US)
P: +31 20 486 1286 (EU)