The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Explosives and Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) is a key modality within the transportation security infrastructure.
The global transportation related ETD market is forecasted to undergo a growth period driven by:
- The threat and fear posed by ISIS and other terrorists, especially suicide bombers, is real (as demonstrated in the January 2015 terror attacks in Paris), persistent, and will continue to be the key to market growth which already drove a European transportation security funding hike
- The increase in demand for ETD devices – with over 22,000 transportation-related (e.g., airports, seaports, land-border checkpoints) people and cargo screening lanes globally
- Growing aftersale (e.g., maintenance, consumables, spare parts) revenues
- Absence of a new explosives and narcotics trace detection modality on the horizon
- China’s massive investments in new airports and public security
- Middle Eastern terrorism
- Latin America’s war on drugs
- The Indian government’s counter terror investments
- The U.S. and the EU legislations enforcing 100% cargo screening on all passenger flights
Homeland Security Research Corporation analysts forecast that the cumulative 2015-2020 transportation-related ETD market (including systems sales, service, consumables and upgrades) will present $4.2 Billion worth of business opportunities.
The Global Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD): Technologies & Market – 2015-2020 – Focus on (Air, Maritime & Land) Transportation report is a valuable resource for executives with interests in the industry. It has been explicitly customized for industry decision-makers to identify business opportunities, developing technologies, market trends and risks, as well as to benchmark business plans.
Questions answered in this 477-page report include:
- What will the transportation-related ETD market size be in 2015-2020?
- What are the main Explosives Trace Detection technology trends?
- Where and what are the Explosives Trace Detection market opportunities?
- What are the transportation-related Explosives Trace Detection market drivers and inhibitors?
- Who are the key Explosives Trace Detection vendors?
- What are the challenges to the Explosives Trace Detection market?
- What are the ETD devices list prices?
- Where are the potential customers
The Global Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD): Technologies & Market – 2015-2020 – Focus on (Air, Maritime & Land) Transportation report presents in 477 pages, 90 tables and 65 figures, analysis of current and pipeline technologies and 24 leading vendors. The report, granulated into 7 national/regional submarkets (U.S., Europe, China, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Latin America, ROW), provides for each submarket 2011-2014 data and 2015-2020 forecast, and examines the market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Business opportunities and challenges
- Competitive analysis & SWOT analysis
- Market analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors)
- A roster of over 1700 airports, segmented by country, with their recent traffic data
- ETD sales vs. upgrade, consumables and service revenues
- Sales by product configuration (hand-held, table-top and other detectors)
- Product comparison tables
- Recent U.S. government contracts with ETD suppliers (including general terms & conditions, price lists and more):
- Contact info of more than 550 potential U.S. ETD customers (authorized air-cargo screening facilities)
- Product price lists, including list prices and U.S. government prices of 100’s systems and consumables
- Detailed ETD sales and service contracts with key manufaturers
- Current and pipeline technologies: Ion Mobility Spectroscopy (IMS), ChemiLuminescence (Thermal Energy Analyzers), Electron Capture Detectors (ECD), Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW), Nanotechnology-enabled Technologies for Explosives Detection, Advanced Sample Collection, Dual Sensor ETD Technology, Chemical Warfare and Narcotics Trace Detectors, Receptor-based Technologies, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Nano-mechanical Sensors, Electronic Nose, Silica Micro-cantilever, Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering, Protein Coated Carbon Nanotubes, Piezo-resistive Polymer Cantilever, Inkjet Based Wireless ETD Sensor, Amino-silane Coated Nanowires Arrays, Free-surface Microfluidic Control of Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Cantilever Nano Mechanical Sensors, Sensor Array and Neural Network, Temperature-Stepped Desorption, UV-PLF, Non-Contact Explosives Harvesting, Pulsed-Ultraviolet Laser Raman Spectroscopy, Nanowire-Nano-cluster Hybrids, Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), MEMS-Based Explosive Particle Detection, Remote Particle Stimulation, Laser Vaporization.
- Companies operating in the market: Auto Clear US (Formerly Control Screening LLC), Biosensor Applications AB, DetectaChem LLC, Electronic Sensor Technology, Hitachi Ltd., ICx Technologies (Flir), Ion Applications Inc., Ketech Defence, Mistral Security Inc., Morpho Detection Inc., NUCTECH Co. Ltd., Red X Defense, SCANNA MSC Ltd., Scent Detection Technologies, Scintrex Trace, Sibel Ltd., Smiths Detection, Syagen Technology, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Westminster International Ltd.
- For readers who wish to acquire more information, the report includes 6 in-depth appendices:
Appendix A: ETD Product Comparison
Appendix B: ETD Products – Prices and Procurement Contracts
Appendix C: TSA Checked Luggage EDS & ETD Screening Configurations
Appendix D: TSA Air Cargo Facility Regulations
Appendix E: TSA Checked Luggage ETD Systems
Appendix F: The DOJ ETD Evaluation Protocol for 1st Responders
Appendix G: TSA Air Cargo Screening Technology List (ACSTL)
Appendix H: List of Authorized Air-Cargo on Passenger Plans Screening Facilities
Appendix I: Glossary