Smart Grid Readiness in Power Utilities - Technology Installation Trends and Outlook to 2016
GlobalData’s latest research, “Smart Grid Readiness in Power Utilities - Technology Installation Trends and Outlook to 2016” provides an insight into the status of deployment of various smart grid technologies by utilities across the globe. Smart grids are efficient power delivery systems that utilize digital communication and advanced power electronics to integrate renewable energy resources and reduce transmission and distribution loss. The global deployment of smart grid technologies is expected to grow at a significant rate during the next few years until 2016. The deployments during the period 2005-2010 were restricted to North America and parts of Europe. This leaves a wide scope for the growth of smart grid technology deployment in Asia-Pacific, where utilities are struggling to reduce the inefficiencies in the power grid. The report provides information related to the past deployment trend and outlook for four different categories of smart grid technologies; integrated communication technologies, sensing and measurement technologies, cabling technologies and consumer interface technologies. The report covers the smart grid technology deployment activities in key nations across the globe.
- Key geographies including US, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, China, Australia, South Korea, Japan, Brazil and Mexico
- Deployment trend and outlook for integrated communication technologies in key countries
- Deployment trend and outlook for sensing and measurement technologies in key countries
- Deployment trend and outlook for cabling technologies in key countries
- Deployment trend and outlook for consumer interface technologies in key countries
Reasons to buy
- Facilitate decision-making based on technology deployment trends by utilities.
- Develop strategies for market penetration and product development
- Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the smart grid technology market’s growth potential
- Identify key partners and business development avenues