The Urban air mobility (UAM) transportation systems are being developed to address the pressing issue of traffic congestion, especially in the major cities of the world. The aircraft used in UAM is making progress along both manned and unmanned directions. While conventional civil helicopters are the most common type of aircraft that are being used in UAM currently multicopters (such as the Volocopter) or so-called tiltwing convertiplane aircraft.
A vertiport is essentially a landing and take-off infrastructure for Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft, which can include air taxis, passenger aerial vehicles, cargo aerial vehicles, and air ambulances. The term "vertiport" is derived from the words "vertical" and "airport", and it is a defined area that is specifically designed to accommodate the unique needs of VTOL aircraft.
In the UAM industry sustainability is a major focus, with electric propulsion and the use of renewable energy sources being prioritized to decrease environmental impact. Collaboration and partnerships between companies and organizations in the UAM industry are being formed to push technology forward and bring products to market. Major aerospace companies like Airbus and Boeing apart from ride hailing apps are investing heavily in electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft technology.
Market Forecast’s latest report “Urban Air Mobility and Vertiports - Market and Technology Forecast to 2031” examines, analyzes, and predicts the evolution of Urban Air Mobility technologies, markets, and outlays (expenditures) over the next 8 years – 2023 -2031. It also examines the UAM markets geographically, focusing on the top 95% of global markets, in the United States, Europe, and Asia. In this report we analyze the market size of the Global Urban Air Mobility market for the period 2023 -2031. We primarily focus on the key markets – Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa. As of now the United States remains the largest market UAM. European Union and China are emerging markets. Throughout the report we show how UAM is used today to add real value. To provide the most thorough and realistic forecast, this report provides a twin-scenario analysis, including “steady state”, emergence of UAM aircraft technology.
Covered in this report
- Overview: Snapshot of the Urban Air Mobility (UAM) and Vertiports tech in the civilian market during 2023-2031, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments. It also sheds light on the emergence of new technologies
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the UAM & Vertiports market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the various systems market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each segment.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernisation patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the systems market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis: Key UAM markets: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the various Systems segments expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive landscape Analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of this industry. It provides an overview of key companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis.
In this study we have classified Urban Air Mobility & Vertiports under four (4) major Segments. We will research these four major segments and provide forecast figures from 2023 – 2031. These major segments are:
- Middle East
- Traffic Management
- Pilot Training
- Air Taxi
- Passenger Aerial Vehicle
- Cargo Aerial Vehicle
- Air Ambulance
- Rotary Wing
- Tilt/Wing Prop
- Lift + Cruise
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Global Urban Air Mobility Market over the next eight years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different systems segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global small sat business, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the ministries of different countries within the small sat market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top systems providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available