EO/IR systems play a crucial role in worldwide military applications. Situational awareness is the prime goal for EO/IR systems. However, in recent times the goal for survivability is rising. EO/IR systems work as eyes and ears of defence and provide vigilance and survivability from the surface to space to the soldiers. EO/IR systems can sense the launch of IR-guided missiles and therefore have become a key system in electronic warfare countermeasures.
Spectrum supremacy plays a strong role in the development, manufacturing and procurement of EO/IR systems. Not all nations afford to purchase new EO/IR systems and the inclination is toward integrating next-generation sensors and other technologies into the existing EO/IR systems. Even countries such as the US and European strong countries initiated upgrading existing EO/IR systems and procuring new ones for ambitious programs such as military or army modernisation.
The demand for imaging EO/IR systems will always remain high, but there is a growing demand for EO/IR systems paired with countermeasures. The key reason behind this growth is activities in the Indo-Pacific Ocean and preparation against the sophisticated electronic warfare capabilities of China and Russia.
It is a system integration that plays a crucial role in assembling and pairing the EO/IR systems with other technologies. In modern EO/IR systems utmost care in integrating emerging technologies such as communication and data links, data sharing and data analytics is taken. We studied the system integrators who develop final systems are prime suppliers for EO/IR systems which include major defence suppliers. Various component suppliers are OEMs to these system integrators, which include software developers, cloud integrators and suppliers of hardware components.
Developments such as Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS) are setting the future course of military situational awareness and survival tactics. The US$ 22 billion order for IVAS over the next decade and continuing is blowing market forecasts for EO/IR systems. We should be prepared for many such surprises coming in the future. Electro-Optical Distributed Aperture System (DAS) is one such surprise that can change the market forecasts for airborne EO/IR systems.
Integrated battlefield management will bring more demand for EO/IR systems and will include it as a major role player along with radars in situational awareness and countermeasure applications.
- Overview: Snapshot of the EO/IR Systems Market during 2022 - 2030, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends, and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the procurement plans concerning regions as well as components, types, and platforms. It sheds light on the emergence of new platforms like mid-band next-generation jammers and low-band next-generation jammers.
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the electronic materials, firmware, software and integration of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, data analytics, and cyber-security and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of EO/IR Systems solutions around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the EO/IR Systems Market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each segment.
- Regional Review: Insights into present EO/IR Systems system strength and future demand for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the EO/IR Systems Market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis - Key Defense Market: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the EO/IR Systems system expected to be in demand in each region.
- Competitive landscape analysis: Analysis of the competitive landscape of the global EO/IR Systems industry. It provides an overview of key companies, together with insights such as product range, strategic partnerships and SWOT analysis.
- The EO/IR Systems Market is projected to register a CAGR of 11.6% from 2022-2030.
- In terms of platforms, Airborne EO/IR systems are anticipated to account for the largest share of procurements globally
- Man-portable and armoured vehicle-mounted EO/IR systems and Naval EO/IR systems are anticipated to account for the second and third largest segments in terms of procurement over the forecast period.
- The market share of EO/IR Systems by situational awareness hardware and software. However, there is a significant growth in countermeasure EO/IR systems.
SegmentationWe have segmented the EO/IR systems market in three main groups. The study provides forecast figures from to 2030 for each category under the segments.
- North America
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of APAC
- Middle East
- South America
- Night-Vision Systems
- Thermal Weapon Sight Systems
- Integrated Systems
- Land and Vehicle
- Surveillance System
- Thermal Sight Systems
- Vehicle-Mounted RCWS
- Airborne IRST
- Multi-Sensor Payloads
- Naval IRST
- Electro-optic Director (EOD)
- Naval RCWS
- Air Force
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective procurement areas based on a detailed procurement plan analysis of the EO/IR System market over the next eight years.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different EO/IR Systems in the leading countries and other potential markets across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global EO/IR Systems Markets, providing a clear picture of future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Make correct business decisions based on a thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the EO/IR Systems providers around the world.