The global consumer network attached storage market reached a value of US$ 24.5 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 58.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 16.2% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
A consumer network attached storage (NAS) refers to a device which is connected to a network for retrieval of data from the central location to the computer systems. It allows continual access to data and gives networks a single access point for storage with built-in security, management and fault-tolerant capabilities. It relies on hardware, software and file-based protocols, such as Network File System (NFS) or Common Internet File System (CIFS). At present, it is widely utilized to enable home theater systems worldwide. It also functions as a file server with remote access to multiple personal computers (PCs) and media players.
Consumer NAS devices enable simple and low-cost systems, such as load-balancing and fault-tolerant email and web servers. Consequently, they are gaining traction for providing centralized storage to computers with large amounts of data. They also function as a print and media server, temporary storage, and backup and archive systems for Internet downloads or video-on-demand (VOD). Moreover, these devices can be combined with the storage area network (SAN) to act as a translator between the file-level and block-level protocols. Additionally, as consumer NAS devices are flexible, their demand is escalating worldwide. With a significant rise in the shift towards data-centric models, the global consumer NAS market growth is further bolstering. Apart from this, rapid modernization, inflating disposable incomes and the emerging trend of connected homes are some of the other factors anticipated to impel the market growth in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global consumer network attached storage market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on design, end user and deployment type.
Breakup by Design:
Above 6 Bays
Breakup by End User:
Breakup by Deployment Type:
Breakup by Region:
Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Asustor Inc. (AsusTek Computer Inc.), Buffalo Americas Inc. (Melco Holdings Inc.), D-Link Corporation, Drobo Inc. (Storcentric Inc.), Netgear Inc., QNAP Systems Inc., Synology Inc., Thecus Technology Corporation (Ennoconn), Western Digital Corporation and Zyxel Communications Corp. (Unizyx Holding Corporation).
Key Questions Answered in This Report
1. What was the size of the global consumer network attached storage market in 2021?
2. What is the expected growth rate of the global consumer network attached storage market during 2022-2027?
3. What are the key factors driving the global consumer network attached storage market?
4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global consumer network attached storage market?
5. What is the breakup of the global consumer network attached storage market based on the design?
6. What is the breakup of the global consumer network attached storage market based on the end user?
7. What is the breakup of the global consumer network attached storage market based on the deployment type?
8. What are the key regions in the global consumer network attached storage market?
9. Who are the key players/companies in the global consumer network attached storage market?