IT Services - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026
Global IT Services industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value 2017-21, and forecast to 2026). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
- The IT services industry is valued as the combination of the business process outsourcing (BPO) services market, the application services market and the infrastructure services market. Values include revenues generated from (a) signed deals that remain under contract and (b) new contracts signed within that particular calendar year.
The BPO services market is defined as the revenues from services related to the following segments: customer relationship management (CRM), finance and accounting, human resources, knowledge process outsourcing, and procurement and supply-chain.
The application services market is defined as the revenues from services related to the following segments: application development, application management and application performance monitoring.
The infrastructure services market is defined as the revenues from services related to the following segments: cloud computing, data center & hosting services, IT management, security and storage. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
The global IT services industry had total revenues of $1,234.0bn in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.4% between 2016 and 2021.
The infrastructure services segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2021, with total revenues of $764.8bn, equivalent to 62% of the industry’s overall value.
Growth in the market has been driven by increased adoption of digital IT services along with the increased prevalence of IT infrastructure in the region.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global it services industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global it services industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key it services industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global it services industry with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global it services industry by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the global it services industry in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global it services industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global it services industry?