United States organic food market valued at USD59.28 billion in 2020 and is expected to further grow with a CAGR of 13.83% in the forecast years 2022-2026, to achieve a market value of USD125.65 billion by 2026F. The factors contributing to the growth of the market include growing demand for healthier and herbal alternatives of food items and rapidly growing population that is concerned about their food intake, chemical infused food material, and supplements. Also, growing awareness about harmful effects of excessive usage of chemicals like pesticides, and fertilizers for food cultivation is supporting the growth of the United States organic food market. Increasing focus on fitness, and health and consumption of food and supplements is also driving market growth. Increasing instances of lifestyle related diseases like obesity, diabetes, high-cholesterol issues, high blood-pressure are also substantiating the growth of the United States organic food market in the future five years. Moreover, rising disposable income among the population, surging count of certified organic farms, are further aiding the growth of the United States organic food market. Growing concerns over environmental safety is also one of the major growth factors. Strict organic cultivation standards, ensure the impact of agricultural practices on soil, water, and air and thus provides environmental advantages and thus drives the growth of the United States organic food market in the forecast period.
United States organic food market segmentation is based on product type, distribution channel, regional distribution, top 10 states, and competitive landscape. Based on product type, the market is further bifurcated into organic fruits & vegetables, organic meat, poultry & dairy, organic processed food, organic beverages, organic bread & bakery, others like spices, pulses, cereals & food grains, etc. Organic fruits & vegetables segment holds the largest market share and is expected to remain dominant in the forecast period as well owing to the increasing demand from the health-conscious consumers. Increased cultivation of organic fruits and vegetables without the use of chemically infused pesticides, and fertilizers is also supporting the growth of the United States organic food market in the future five years.
Some of the major players operating in the United States organic food market are Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc., Danone North America, General Mills, Inc., The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., Organic Valley and Others. To remain competitive in the Unites States organic food market companies are continuously changing distribution channel, upgrading technology, changing marketing strategy to capture majority of the consumer base in the country. The company named Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc. has changed its marketing strategy to promote its differentiated value propositions which is more profitable and helped the company to grow faster.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2016-2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022F-2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze the historical growth in the market size of United States organic food market from 2016 to 2020.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of United States organic food market from 2021 to 2026 and growth rate until 2026.
- To define, classify and forecast the United States organic food market based on product type, distribution channel, region, top 10 states, and company.
- To scrutinize the detailed market segmentation and forecast the market size based on four regions, namely – South, West, Northeast, and Midwest.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, innovative product launches, government policy and investments and new entrants in the United States organic food market.
- To strategically profile leading players operating in the United States organic food market.
Key Target Audience:
- Organic food companies/importers, suppliers, distributors and other stakeholders.
- Trade Associations, organizations, forums and alliances related to organic food
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers.
- Market research and consulting firms.
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders, such as organic food companies, distributors, dealers, and policy makers. The study would also help them in deciding which market segments should be targeted over the coming years to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, United States organic food market has been segmented into the following categories in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- United States Organic Food Market, By Product Type:
o Organic Fruits & Vegetables
o Organic Meat, Poultry & Dairy
o Organic Processed Food
o Organic Beverages
o Organic Bread & Bakery
- United States Organic Food Market, By Distribution Channel:
o Specialty Stores
o Grocery Stores
- United States Organic Food Market, By Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies operating in the United States organic food market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Channel Partner Analysis
- Detailed list of distributors and dealers across all major regions of the United States.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).