Internet Access Global Industry Almanac - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2016-2025
Global Internet Access industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The internet access sector consists of the total Internet Service Revenue charged for the provision of narrowband and broadband Internet connections through both consumer and corporate channels. All revenues calculated are retail revenues exclusive of taxes. Only fixed communication is included; mobile connections are not considered.
- Digital subscriber lines (xDSL) refer collectively to all types of digital subscriber lines, including ADSL and SDSL, HDSL and so on.
- Cable segment includes systems using coaxial cable and successive technologies (e.g., HFC) in transporting television broadcast, Internet and voice in the access network. Coaxial cable can achieve bandwidth speeds faster than 750 Mbps, but analog TV pictures require some 8 Mbps of bandwidth, and transmission of Internet and voice signals takes place at much lower rates.
- Fixed Wireless Access category refers to local access via fixed wireless links.
- Fiber Optic (FTTH/B) segment covers fiber to the home as well as fiber to the building connections.
- The Other segment includes access through ISDN, WiMAX and other access mediums, such as satellite and powerline.
- Market volumes represent total number of Internet users.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- Forecast figures presented in this report are calculated using crisis scenarios for the market. The length of the pandemic and restrictions introduced by various countries are still difficult to predict. Many governments had introduced the national lockdowns and temporarily banned sales of products that are deemed "non-essential". As the length of the pandemic and its impact on this market is not certain, the data used in this report has been modeled taking forecast impacts on national economics into consideration.
- The global internet access market had total revenues of $269.6bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% between 2016 and 2020.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 5.1% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 3,429.6 million units in 2020.
- The value of the global internet access market grew by 3% in 2020, a weaker performance as compared with 2019.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global internet access market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global internet access market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key internet access market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global internet access market with five year forecasts by both value and volume.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global internet access market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global internet access market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global internet access market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global internet access market?