Defense and Security in India Forecast
India is the seventh largest country in the world. For many years now, this Asian country has been encountering many issues regarding its national security. Now that Osama Bin Laden is no more and China's growth has been slowing down, India can look forward to seek an amicable and productive relationship with its neighboring countries, China and Pakistan. India, even after more than half a century of being an independent country, still faces issues regarding internal security, especially in the Kashmir and Pakistan bordered region. Also many extremist groups are creating chaos in the north-eastern states for quite some time now, taking many lives till now.
The country had gone on to curtail the number of armed forces at its borders before, but as its adjoining nations began to increase their military strength on their borders, India again stepped up the number of its armed forces. The continuing presence of terrorist and fundamentalist forces in its neighborhood has prompted India to maintain a high level of defense vigilance and preparedness to face any challenge to its security. Alone in 2010, over $34 billion were spent on defense and security. With the country's policy to produce its own defense arms rather than acquiring it from other countries, it's looking forward to be completely self dependent by having almost 39 ordinance factories.
Although India has the third largest military force in the world, it still struggles to deal with conflicts internally as well as outside of its borders. The tensions over Kashmir with Pakistan has for a long time been the primary reason behind many battles fought between the two nations throughout the course of history. China, too does not seem very keen to resolve its issues with India, and has always maintained a dexterous relationship rather than that of an ally.
Against this backdrop, India remains fully committed to maintaining peace with its neighbors and stability in the region through a combination of defense-preparedness and unilateral restraint, confidence building and dialogue and expanding bilateral interactions. In spite of the assurances provided by the Pakistani Government, infiltration continues across the border. What India needs now is to work towards having a peaceful scenario within and outside of its borders.
In this industry scenario, Synergyst analyzes the Defense and Security industries in India. The report covers the following:
• In order to understand the development of the Indian defense and security industry, it is important to take a look at the geopolitical situation in the world, particularly in North East Asia. Our research report analyzes the emergence of a new geopolitical situation in the world through a look at the new roles to be played by the United States, China, Japan, the Koreas, India, Russia, Europe, Brazil, Turkey, Iran, the Middle East, and Africa, in the coming years.
• The emergence of new great powers around the world in the face of growing global terrorism is analyzed in the report.
• An analysis of the security market in North East Asia is important in establishing the importance of India in this industry across this entire region. The geopolitical significance of North East Asia is important as there are many flashpoints in the region that could have an impact on India.
• Situation on the Russia-China border, China's Western Border, China-North Korea border, China-India border, and China's growing military presence in the region is looked at.
• Japan's influence in the region cannot be overlooked as well as the importance of maintaining geopolitical status quo in the North East Asian region. All this and more is analyzed in the report Defense and Security in Indian.
• In order to examine the defense and security industries in India, it is necessary to analyze the political landscape in India, including the major political changes on the horizon.
• Moving on to the analysis of the security industry in India, we analyze the domestic security situation as well as the external security situation.
• We carry out a SWOT analysis of the Indian Security Market.
• An analysis of India’s Armed Forces is necessary in order to establish the growing threat of Pakistan and North Korea in the Asian region in terms of military presence. India’s weapons of mass destruction are also analyzed in this section.
• Moving on to an analysis of India’s defense industry, we analyze the market profile, industry trends, competition in the industry, India’s arms trade, and procurement of arms in the industry.
• We carry out a SWOT analysis of the Indian Defense Industry.
• Outlook for the Indian Defense and Security Industry is carried out through a forecast for the Armed Forces and a forecast for defense expenditure and defense trade.
Purchase this Report
Unfortunately this market research is not available anymore, please use the links below to find related reports.