Paints and Coatings Global Industry Guide - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2016-2025
Global Paints & Coatings industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The paints & coatings market consists of liquid and powder-based paints, varnishes and related products used for protective and decorative, industrial, and automotive and specialty purposes.
- The market excludes inks, thinners, and raw materials, such as pigments and solvents.
- The architectural & decorative segment consists of products used in homes and buildings, such as interior and exterior paints, primers, sealers, and varnishes.
- The industrial segment comprises products that are factory-applied to manufactured goods as part of the production process.
- The specialty segment consists of aerosol paints, marine paints, high-performance maintenance coatings, and automotive refinish paints.
- The market value is calculated according to factory prices.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2020 annual average exchange rates.
- Forecast figures presented in this report are calculated using crisis scenarios for the market. The length of the pandemic and restrictions introduced by various countries are still difficult to predict. Many governments had introduced the national lockdowns and temporarily banned sales of products that are deemed "non-essential". As the length of the pandemic and its impact on this market is not certain, the data used in this report has been modeled taking forecast impacts on national economics into consideration.
- The global paints & coatings market had total revenues of $145,278.1m in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.3% between 2016 and 2020.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.9% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 50.7 billion tonnes in 2020.
- The market recorded consistent growth over the past five years until 2020, when the recessionary impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic caused a severe decline of 10.3% in the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global paints & coatings market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global paints & coatings market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key paints & coatings market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global paints & coatings market with five year forecasts by both value and volume.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global paints & coatings market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global paints & coatings market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global paints & coatings market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global paints & coatings market?