Defense and Security in Taiwan Forecast
Taiwan is a humble island state located in the Pacific Ocean in Asia. It forms over 99% of the customary Chinese territory. By far, it has relished stable economic relations with China plus intimate political ties with the US. It is officially regarded as a province under China and has had an economically agreeable, but vexatious existence due to incessant constraints laid on it by international powers. Taiwan comprehends very well that putting off of ties with China would only result in economic catastrophe. China too has been repressing Taiwanese efforts to declare itself an independent state. This is likely to continue in the future as well despite oppositions from the Taiwanese people.
According to reports, Taiwan has had quite an economic progress in the recent past. It has been stated by Taiwan itself that it aspires to be self-sufficient, especially in matters of military. It absolutely is looking forward to expand its defense base in order to deter China. Investments in development and education of the military and specialist personnel have led Taiwan into acquiring of aircrafts, defense systems and sophisticated radar devices. For this, it has remained increasingly dependent on the US. Its access to foreign military sales programs also enables it to acquire equipment and research advantages which have been barred to sanction-limited China.
Currently, Taiwan's top focus remains the development of its technological sphere rather than its military. It greatly savors its political adherence by progressing subtly towards higher independence and also establishing diplomatic relations with nearby powers. Due to its highly trafficked trade routes and abundance of oil and gas deposits, there is no doubt that it will tempt many neighboring states to seek claim over this tiny, yet prodigal, island.
Insurgency forces do not exist in Taiwan as the various agencies of state have total control of its security situation. The only threat it faces is that from mainland China, constantly fearing transgression. However, presence of US fleet in Taiwan Straits has definitely helped keeping such possibility at bay so far.
In this industry scenario, Synergyst analyzes the Defense and Security industries in Taiwan. The report covers the following:
• In order to understand the development of the Taiwanese defense and security industry, it is important to take a look at the geopolitical situation in the world, particularly in North East Asia. Our research report analyzes the emergence of a new geopolitical situation in the world through a look at the new roles to be played by the United States, China, Japan, the Koreas, India, Russia, Europe, Brazil, Turkey, Iran, the Middle East, and Africa, in the coming years.
• The emergence of new great powers around the world in the face of growing global terrorism is analyzed in the report.
• An analysis of the security market in North East Asia is important in establishing the importance of Taiwan in this industry across this entire region. The geopolitical significance of North East Asia is important as there are many flashpoints in the region that could have an impact on Taiwan.
• Situation on the Russia-China border, China's Western Border, China-North Korea border, China-India border, and China's growing military presence in the region is looked at.
• Japan's influence in the region cannot be overlooked as well as the importance of maintaining geopolitical status quo in the North East Asian region. All this and more is analyzed in the report Defense and Security in Taiwan.
• In order to examine the defense and security industries in Taiwan, it is necessary to analyze the political landscape in Taiwan, including the major political changes on the horizon.
• Moving on to the analysis of the security industry in Taiwan, we analyze the domestic security situation as well as the external security situation. Furthermore, we analyze the impact of the Taiwan-China and the Taiwan and US relations, and the implications these pose for the Taiwanese security industry.
• We carry out a SWOT analysis of the Taiwanese Security Market.
• An analysis of Taiwan’s Armed Forces is necessary in order to establish the growing importance of Taiwan in the Asian region in terms of military presence. Taiwan’s weapons of mass destruction are also analyzed in this section.
• Moving on to an analysis of Taiwan’s defense industry, we analyze the market profile, industry trends, competition in the industry, Taiwan’s arms trade, and procurement of arms in the industry.
• We carry out a SWOT analysis of the Taiwanese Defense Industry.
• Outlook for the Taiwanese Defense and Security Industry is carried out through a forecast for defense expenditure and defense trade.
Synergyst ’s report on Defense and Security in Taiwan is a complete profile of this competitive industry in Taiwan that is dealing with a constant threat from China.
Purchase this Report
Unfortunately this market research is not available anymore, please use the links below to find related reports.