As CMOs become Integrated into Pharmaceutical Businesses’ Value Chains, This Business Model is Projected to be a Resounding Success
As an alternative to pharmaceutical corporations’ in-house research and production divisions, contract manufacturing organisations (CMOs) have emerged in the last several decades. As contract manufacturing organisations (CMOs) become more and more integrated into pharmaceutical businesses’ value chains, this business model is proving to be a resounding success. The industry as a whole is growing, but many CMOs are having to deal with difficulties they have never faced before. Because of intense competition, rising costs, ongoing technical advancements, and an increase in merger and acquisition activity, businesses are forced to consider what actions they might take to protect or enhance their position in this competitive market.
CMO of Sterile Injectable Drugs Market Growth Drivers
- Outsourced biologic drug product production capabilities
- High growth in developing markets
- Lucrative demand for biologics
- More sterile injectable drugs are losing their patents, including biologics, and the generic parenteral and biosimilar markets are growing
- Increased demand for patient-friendly parenteral administration methods and prefilled syringes
- The ageing population and the ailments that come with it (cancer, diabetes, autoimmune, metabolic, nervous system disorders, etc.)
- High-potency (HPAPI and cytotoxic) medicinal product production
- Adding second-source drug product manufacturers to the supply chain reduces supply chain risk
What Factors Are Challenging Market Growth
- Capabilities in analytical development and/or testing
- Identifying CMOs with ADC filling capability
- Available sterile filling capacity for modest amounts
- Visual inspection
- Assay transfer
What are the Market Opportunities?
- Emerging business segments and economies
- India is a favorable sourcing destination for injectables
- Increasing outsourcing activities by major pharmaceutical companies towards emerging markets for cost savings
Discover how to stay ahead
Our 520+ page report provides 680+ tables and charts/graphs. Read on to discover the most lucrative areas in the industry and the future market prospects. Our new study lets you assess forecasted sales at overall world market and regional level. See financial results, trends, opportunities, and revenue predictions. Much opportunity remains in this growing Contract Manufacturing Outsourcing (CMO) of Sterile Injectable Drugs Market. See how to exploit the opportunities.
This report includes data analysis and invaluable insight into how COVID-19 will affect your industry. Access this report today.
Forecasts to 2031 and other analyses reveal the commercial prospects
- In addition to revenue forecasting to 2031, our new study provides you with recent results, growth rates, and market shares.
- You find original analyses, with business outlooks and developments.
- Discover qualitative analyses (including market dynamics, drivers, opportunities, restraints, and challenges), PEST Analysis, Porter’s Five Forces, SWOT Analysis, product profiles and commercial developments.
Discover sales predictions for the world market and sub-markets
- Small Molecule
- Large Molecule
- Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs)
- Peptide Hormones
- Blood Factors
- Peptide Antibiotics
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Prefilled Syringes
Route of Administration
- Subcutaneous (SC)
- Intravenous (IV)
- Intramuscular (IM)
- Bioanalytical Testing
- Method Development & Validation
- Stability Testing
In addition to the revenue predictions for the overall world market and segments, you will also find revenue forecasts for 5 regional and 17 leading national markets:
- Rest of Europe
- South-East Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa