Composites are lightweight materials composed of materials with significantly different physical as well as chemical properties. They are typically composed of raw materials including a fiber and a matrix. The growth of the overall composites vertical is supported by a requirement of decreased operational expenditure instated by OEMs. The use of lightweight materials decreases the thrust/ propulsion required in the case of various vehicles across platforms, thus reducing the fuel consumption. This in turn reduces the carbon emission hence complying by several environmental norms enforced to reduce carbon footprint.
The overall Aerospace and Defense Composites Market reached US$20.13 bn. The overall market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 8.06% between the period 2021-2029. The total market for Aerospace and Defense Composites is expected to attain a market value of US$46.47 bn.
The Global Aerospace and Defense Composites Market is segmented by Region, End-Users, Product, Application, Manufacturing, and Resin Type. In terms of regional landscaping, it is seen that North America accounts for roughly 40% of the overall market revenue generated, while APAC is seen to be the second-largest regional segment within the Aerospace and Defense Composites Market.
In terms of End-Users, the overall market is segmented by Commercial Aviation, Defense Aviation, UAVs, Soldier Protection Systems, Armored Vehicles, and others. Commercial Aviation accounts for roughly 61% of the North American Aviation sector. The Soldier Protection System is expected to be the second-largest segment within the North American Market. While UAVs are anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 12.36%.
In terms of the product segment, it is seen that the overall market for composites is government by Carbon Fiber Reinforced Composites. Glass Fiber Reinforced Composites account for the second-largest segment within this market. The introduction of technologies like large-scale additive manufacturing is expected to steadfast the growth associated with the product segment. The integration of IT-based technologies like CAD (Computer-Aided Design) is anticipated to steadfast the processing and precision associated with additive manufacturing. The use of technologies like large-scale additive manufacturing is anticipated to reduce the number of components for the concerned defense/aerospace vehicle. The reduced number of components is expected to decrease the assembly time required to assimilate the components.
The total market for composites is further segmented by Application. In terms of applications, OEMs account for a major share within this market with a market value of US$35.23 bn in 2020. OEM’s are expected to account for roughly 73% of the total market revenue generated by the composites market. In terms of OEMs, thermoset composites govern a major share within this market owing to the low material cost and increased application of this material. The market penetration rate for thermoplastic composites has been increasing owing to the recyclability of this material. Thermoplastics can be used for retrofitting and for the modification of an existing design.
In terms of Manufacturing, Lay Up is expected to account for the largest segment within this market owing to the low cost of equipment and manufacturing. Automation within this market has been propelling the growth associated with methods like the autoclave and Automated Fiber Replacement/Automated Tape Laying.
The overall market for the "Global Aerospace and Defense Composites-Market and Technology Forecast to 2029”. The market is segmented by Region, Application, and Manufacturing. The overall market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 8.33% between 2021-2029.
This report is aimed at
- Key market trends and their impacts on the changing market dynamics have been discussed.
- The technologies within this market have been studied based on the various applications.
- A comprehensive study based on the drivers, restraints, and challenges of this market has been covered.
- The impact of growing technological advancement on the market as well as its demand has been studied.
- The high growth markets have been studied briefly and the trends across this vertical have also been studied.
- The new opportunities provided by this market have been listed.
- The industrial shortcomings and the performance of the key players for this market have been analyzed.
SegmentationThis report has been segmented by Region, End-Users, Product, Application, Manufacturing, and Resin Type.
- North America
- Middle East
- Commercial Aviation
- Defense Aviation
- Armored Vehicle
- Soldier Protection System
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Composite
- Glass Fiber Reinforced Composite
- Metal Matrix Composites
- Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Lay Up
- Resin Transfer Molding Process
- Compression Molding Process
- Injection Molding Processing
- Pultrusion Process
- Vacuum bag/autoclave molding
- Automated Fiber Replacement/Automated Tape Laying
Reasons to buy
- Prospective Investors into the Aerospace & Defense Composites market could get a detailed understanding of the market dynamics of the market
- A clear view of the market drivers, restraints and challenges which are expected to affect the market in the next years.
- Understand the key technology trends in the market including the shifts in manufacturing process.
- Supplier mapping section gives a clear view of the major suppliers across each program and their specific components
- Focus on high growth markets and develop efforts in those markets
- Understand the competitor dynamics with respect to the recent alliances, and financial information