"COVID-19 Impact on Campbell Soup Co., 2021 Update" reports key findings as of 9th August, 2021 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Despite the adverse effects of COVID-19 across the globe, the company posted a 7.2% growth in revenue in the fiscal year, which ended on 2nd August 20203, and organic net sales growth of 8% in the first quarter of 2021. The company’s efforts to focus on strategic businesses, divesting in non-strategic brands along with the planned closure of manufacturing plant may prove to be fruitful over 2020-2025. However, over-dependence on a single region with moderate growth prospects may hamper its growth opportunities unless the company expands its business in Asia, Middle East, and Africa, which present high growth opportunities
- Countries in Asia-Pacific are expected to recover well, but the prospects show a mixed picture on a country-by-country basis rather than the global region
- Food industry sales are forecast to register fastest in the Africa region during 2020-2025
- Campbell Soup Co operates in the baby care, food, and non-alcoholic beverages industries, offering products under well-known brands
- The latest forecasts show all industries are expected to have a positive outlook during 2020-2025, and food and household products continue to grow strongly
- Campbell Soups’ primary market, North America, is expected to post moderate growth over 2020-2025
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.