Middle East and Africa Mobile Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities to 2026, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in AME. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
There are stark differences in the AME region’s mobile broadband market between Sub-Saharan Africa and the MENA region with the MENA region being more advanced.
Governments and regulators are working in tandem to drive and develop mobile broadband infrastructure and adoption, especially regarding 4G and 5G. The launch and development of 5G networks, primarily in MENA, and the expansion of 4G networks throughout AME will create opportunities for operators to generate new revenue streams and advance digitalization efforts.
New MNOs and MVNOs in the region create more competitive dynamics in the mobile market. The expected entry of new MVNOs will create opportunities for MNOs to host MVNO networks.
The M2M/IoT market is growing rapidly in the region with growth being driven by emerging smart opportunities in verticals such as asset management, fleet tracking, remote monitoring, and mobile payments.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: AME in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of AME’s macro-economic KPIs, mobile telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyzes the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the mobile broadband markets in AME over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidations, and M&A activities.
- Section 3: Mobile Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of mobile broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
- Section 4: Mobile Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2021-2026.
- Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for AME’s mobile broadband market.
- Mobile subscriptions penetration of the population in AME will increase from 98.3% in 2021 to 116.6% by 2026.
- Mobile subscriptions will rise from 1.67 billion in 2021 to 2.21 billion by 2026, reflecting a CAGR of 5.8% over 2021-2026.
- 4G will account for the largest share of subscriptions in AME over 2021-2026, reaching 51.3% of total mobile subscriptions in 2026. 5G connections will witness significant growth from 10.4 million in 2021 to 296.3 million by 2026.
- Between 2021 and 2026, operators in AME will generate a cumulative US$587.9 trillion in mobile services revenue.
Reasons To Buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of AME’s mobile broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in AME’s mobile broadband markets.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, with charts and tables boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in AME’s evolving mobile broadband market.