The Ireland Media Landscape Report provides an overview of the television and telecommunications market in relation to sports broadcasting in Ireland today, with top-level data and detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. The report analyses the television, mobile handset and residential fixed-line broadband sectors, as well as a review of major sports media rights.
- Total pay-TV subscriptions in Ireland will increase by 100,000 over the 2020-2025 forecast period, reaching 1.19 million in 2025, as operators offer multiplay packages with integrated IPTV access.
- The Irish pay-TV market is dominated by two operators - Sky and Virgin Media - who accounted for 90.6% of the total pay-TV market in 2020.
- Smartphone subscriptions will grow from 4.60 million in 2020 to 5.81 million by 2025, supported by competitive pricing on device bundled plans, alongside additional benefits promoted by mobile network operators.
- Over the 2020-2025 forecast period, television households in Ireland will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3%, from 1.69 million in 2020 to 1.81 million in 2025.
- 4G, the leading mobile technology in 2020 with a 61.6% share of total mobile subscriptions, will see its share drop to 38.4% of total mobile subscriptions by 2025, due to subscriber migration to 5G services.
- The three mobile network operators - Vodafone, Three and Eir - accounted for 90.8% of the Irish mobile market in 2020.
- Residential fixed broadband lines will grow from 1.38 million in 2020 to 1.5 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 1.7%, supported by the National Broadband Plan (NBP), the government’s initiative to deliver high speed broadband services to all premises in Ireland.
Reasons To Buy
- This Sports Broadcasting Media Report offers a top-level data, forward-looking analysis of the Irish television and telecommunications markets, and service providers in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Irish pay-TV, mobile handset and residential fixed broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.