Asia-Pacific Mobile Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities to 2026, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile broadband market in Asia-Pacific. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile market, analyzing key trends, competitive dynamics, and growth drivers in the region.
Asia-Pacific as a region is an overall moderately developed mobile broadband market, with a disparity between emerging countries, excluding China, and developed countries.
Most governments in Asia-Pacific recognise mobile broadband as crucial to realise their digitalisation goals and transforming their economies for the adoption of Industry 4.0.
Several markets have welcomed new mobile entrants, which have introduced a degree of disruption. Some of these operators, such as Jio and Rakuten Mobile, have adopted digital focused business models that reduce operating and capital expenditure, while focusing more on higher value ecommerce businesses, allowing them to engage in aggressive price competition.
The COVID-19 crisis has also proved the utility of 5G, such as the adoption of unmanned robot vehicles for use in hospitals to reduce human-to-human contact, and has prompted a number of telcos to accelerate their 5G rollout.
The capital expenditure heavy nature of 5G has prompted corporate and government actions across the region, including mergers, joint ventures, infrastructure sales, towerco formation, and the formation of a Single Wholesale Network, which is the approach that Malaysia and Brunei have chosen.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of Asia-Pacific’s macro-economic KPIs, mobile telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyzes the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Asia-Pacific mobile broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidations, and M&A activities.
- Section 3: Mobile Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of mobile broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
- Section 4: Mobile Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPUs over 2021-2026.
- Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for Asia-Pacific’s mobile broadband market.
- The Asia-Pacific region will account for 54% of the global mobile subscriptions and 38% of the global mobile service revenue in 2021.
- Mobile subscriptions in Asia-Pacific will reach 5.9 billion by 2026. 4G will hold a 62.8% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2021, and will remain the leading technology through 2026 despite a decline in its share to 50% by 2026.
- During 2019-2021, several operators in the Asia-Pacific region rolled-out 5G services. 5G will account for 42.9% of total mobile broadband subscriptions in 2026, up from 14.8% in 2021.
- M2M/IoT subscriptions will grow at a robust CAGR of 12.5% over 2021-2026 in the region, supported by operators’ growing expansion of vertical-specific solutions.
- Between 2021 and 2026, operators in Asia-Pacific will generate a cumulative US$2.1 trillion in mobile services revenue.
Reasons To Buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Asia-Pacific’s mobile broadband market trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Asia-Pacific’s mobile broadband markets.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, with charts and tables boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Asia-Pacifics’s evolving mobile broadband market.